Handgunhunt

TC Encore What's Next!

Posted By: pokemtman

TC Encore What's Next! - 09/25/2011 2:50 PM

We all know TC bit the bullet and sold out to the multi gun aquiring corperation and has made some changes both good and bad. I would like to know what is going to happen to the company we know and love. As a hunter I like the Encore and want to use it for many years to come. However with all this going on there are a handfull of American owned companies left. Until we go to Phazers and transporters I like the idea of sending lead down range. We shall see what happens. Your thoughts guy's?
Posted By: s4s4u

Re: TC Encore What's Next! - 09/25/2011 9:09 PM

Who knows what will happen. If the T/C guns sell, they will probably keep making them. I wouldn't expect any advancements in the single shot pistol platform from them. There are enough frames and barrels around that I doubt the platform would ever disappear even if they did drop production of them.
Posted By: HoggHunter

Re: TC Encore What's Next! - 09/27/2011 2:22 AM

the saddest part of the tory is that this is the way that our economy is designed. An entrepeneur takes an idea and starts a business and the business flourishes and catches the eye of a raider, who offers to buy the business, he usually represents a group of investors, those investors rarely have the interest in the product quality that the developer had, they make improvements only if those improvements improve the margin for the goods produced- the margin and quality control often compete directly with each other, and ultimstely, the consumer is the loser. If there was a niche before the raid, there will be the niche after production ceases, we just have to hope it won't be long until the next Warren Center or Bill Ruger comes along. if you look at the history of Remington arms and Winchester their big firearms sucesses were a combination of Remington and winchester salesmanship and John Moses Browning' s technicl genius.- but I agree, it is scary to see TC go this way.
Posted By: wapitirod

Re: TC Encore What's Next! - 09/27/2011 6:04 AM

The fortunate thing is that there are alot of custom barrel makers making barrels from scratch and guys like me rechambering and reconditioning the old ones. The frames are stout and looking at gunbroker.com definitely not scarce. Take care of your frame and barrels will always be available. In fact I'm going to start a line of rechambered barrels for sale on my website after the first of the year, when they are up I'll make a post. I can tell you they will be in the larger calibers.
Posted By: Vance in AK.

Re: TC Encore What's Next! - 09/27/2011 6:29 PM

Originally Posted By: wapitirod
.... I can tell you they will be in the larger calibers.

Gee, what a surprise!
\:D
Posted By: TCTex.

Re: TC Encore What's Next! - 09/27/2011 6:51 PM

I do want to make an observation. Has anyone else noticed how many hunting shows have some sort of TC product or endorsement? They are marketing and advertizing like crazy!
Posted By: H2OBUG

Re: TC Encore What's Next! - 09/28/2011 2:30 AM

They are pushing the new Venture hard-- JMHO If the were to get rid of the Encore or G2 someone Like MGM would have a bigger and better one in a few weeks--It ain't that complex
Posted By: Charlie Young

Re: TC Encore What's Next! - 09/28/2011 1:34 PM

Not all firms fail after a corporate raider takes over...Take Savage Arms for instance. The corporate raiders were sent packing and the new Savage Arms is better for it. I still think they made a mistake by not keeping the Striker line. They're rifle products went from so-so to some of the most accurate out of the box available.
If the TC Encore/Pro Hunter is to survive, their quality control has to improve. I've read way too many posts about loose frames and bad triggers on Encores and Pro Hunters.

Re: TC Encore What's Next! - 10/08/2011 10:38 PM

I shot my Encore today and with using the Pachmyar grips and scope mounts by Leupold. I am a happy camper. let's see what venison has in store.
Posted By: Anniex

Re: TC Encore What's Next! - 10/10/2011 3:29 PM

I started out hand gun hunting with a G2. Now learning with an Encore. A bit heavier and larger for a woman with small hands. I hope T/C never goes away
I'm hooked
Posted By: Anniex

Re: TC Encore What's Next! - 10/10/2011 3:29 PM

pokemtman
Good luck filling that fridge!
Posted By: Dan B.

Re: TC Encore What's Next! - 10/10/2011 7:19 PM

Look into Competitor Corp....interchangeable barrels, super accurate and handle better than a T/C with longer barrel lengths.

Re: TC Encore What's Next! - 07/20/2012 12:32 AM

Thanks all another dry season in VT but I am looking forward to next year. And thanks Ann for the encouragement.
Posted By: mike.44

Re: TC Encore What's Next! - 07/20/2012 2:22 AM

I wish CVA would make a move in this direction. I bought an Optima black powder in-line pistol. Great trigger, accurate and priced for regular people.
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums