Handgunhunt

scope for .41 mag

Posted By: RWells

scope for .41 mag - 01/12/2012 3:31 PM

Need your help guys, I pulled the trigger the other day on a super blackhawk hunter in .41, couldn't help myself. All I am needing is a 2x scope that fits the factory ring set-up without having to do any mods.
Posted By: wtroper

Re: scope for .41 mag - 01/12/2012 3:46 PM

Leupold 2X should work.
Posted By: RWells

Re: scope for .41 mag - 01/12/2012 4:53 PM

was looking at leupold, weaver, burris or bushnell mainly but would listen to other opinions.
Posted By: KYODE

Re: scope for .41 mag - 01/12/2012 6:06 PM

i have the buris 2x on my redhawk AND my bisley hunter. i like it just fine on both. the one on the bisley hunter is an older model with adjustable objective and target turrets....just because i already had it here.they fit on a hunter model without mods.
the leupold should fit just as well, and do an equal job, both having 21' field of view at 100yrds.

i'd just buy whichever i could get the best deal on, if it were me. they can be picked up used for a deal, and have lifetime warranties.
Posted By: wtroper

Re: scope for .41 mag - 01/12/2012 6:40 PM

I have used both Burris & Leupold 2Xs. While I prefer Leupold, I have no complaint with Burris fixed power scopes.
Posted By: KRal

Re: scope for .41 mag - 01/13/2012 1:00 AM

The hunter is a fine hunting handgun, but if you do not want to change anything, you have to be choosey on your scope selection. The hunter comes from ruger with low mounts and not all scopes will fit between the fixed sights with the low mounts... i.e..

This is a burris 2x (nothing wrong with the scope), but notice it doesn't fit between the sights. I exchanged my rings with ruger for the extra-high mounts so I wouldn't have to remove the rear sight for it to fit. If you do that, any scope will work; if you do not want to change rings, be choosey with your scope.
Posted By: Mightyp

Re: scope for .41 mag - 01/13/2012 1:31 AM

leupold should fit fine.
Posted By: s4s4u

Re: scope for .41 mag - 01/13/2012 2:13 AM

Quote:
should

Methinks the OP is looking for a sure thing.

Have you tried that combination? Just asking ;-)
Posted By: Gary

Re: scope for .41 mag - 01/13/2012 3:44 AM

I use a 2x on my 44 and I've used it on a Smith in .41. It works very well on the hunter because it's short and light and fits between the sights.

Posted By: Mightyp

Re: scope for .41 mag - 01/13/2012 4:06 AM

my leupold fit fine,I too had to remove rear sight for the burris.

Re: scope for .41 mag - 01/13/2012 4:49 AM

Originally Posted By: Mightyp
my leupold fit fine,I too had to remove rear sight for the burris.

Good to know, thanks. The only Leupold scopes I have owned were the variables and they were large. Don't have any now, perfer the more compact options.
Posted By: wapitirod

Re: scope for .41 mag - 01/13/2012 7:56 AM

I have a leupold M8 2X for sale in the classifieds as well as a Weaver, if your interested let me know.

Re: scope for .41 mag - 01/13/2012 12:31 PM

my 2x burris(both) fit the redhawk and hunter with supplied rings and no modification.

Re: scope for .41 mag - 01/13/2012 7:38 PM

Originally Posted By: KYODE
my 2x burris(both) fit the redhawk and hunter with supplied rings and no modification.

KYODE, is your Burris 2x a newer model or old model? I'm thinking there must be a difference somewhere. I no longer have that Burris, but mine was bought around 2005.

Re: scope for .41 mag - 01/14/2012 4:28 AM

the one is fairly old(20+ maybe).....n the other with target turrets and a/o is also i suppose. picked it up used n not sure what yrs they made them that way.

either way....a buddy mounted a brand new one on his bisley hunter this past fall.

i may have screwed the rear sight all the way down....i forget....lol.

Re: scope for .41 mag - 01/14/2012 9:19 PM

Originally Posted By: KYODE

i may have screwed the rear sight all the way down....i forget....lol.

OK...I had my irons zeroed, but couldn't mount a scope without the rear all the way down. I wanted both zeroed.
;\)

Re: scope for .41 mag - 01/14/2012 9:24 PM

I'd be surprised if you could leave your rear on target with any scope and the original rings. I see many pics of scopes mounted but all seem to have the rear backed all the way down. It doesn't cost anything, other than postage, to switch to higher rings so to me it is a no-brainer. You then don't have to worry about any scope fitting.
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums