Handgunhunt

April 10th

Posted By: Bullelk Hunter

April 10th - 03/23/2005 5:15 PM

I guess the smart thing for us to do is for us have a cronograpgh or 2 available to do some really neat comparisons and alleviate any questions the handgunners have about their load development. Does anyone plan on doing this, or are we trying to do too much in one day? It might be neat to have a log book to record and get these loads posted on our site. Maybe this shoot will really work out and we can do this more often. Even though it's a 4+ hr drive for me, the opportunity is facinating. Jeff Bright, do you want to meet me at an exit on the PA turnpike? I'll drive from there. Gerry.
Posted By: Dan B.

Re: April 10th - 03/23/2005 5:48 PM

I've got my Oehler 35P..........
Posted By: Stush

Re: April 10th - 03/23/2005 11:01 PM

I have a small portable chronograph that I can bring along. I will throw it in my shooting box tonight.
Posted By: jb HHI 7241

Re: April 10th - 03/24/2005 12:52 AM

Gerry, let me check what's going on,. and I'll be in touch!!!
Posted By: 48panhead

Re: April 10th - 03/24/2005 12:58 AM

Wish some of this stuff would go on in Maine. Only thing that goes on up here is snow. Hope you guys have fun.
Posted By: wapitirod

Re: April 10th - 03/24/2005 5:02 AM

you should feel lucky about the snow, here in the high desert of oregon we are 70% below normal and I figure the next 2 years our forest fire fighters will have lots of work.
Posted By: Dan B.

Re: April 10th - 03/24/2005 10:15 AM

If the range is empty, there are four shooting benches and we should have no problem setting the chrony up in front of one and using as it the "Load Confirmation Station!" We could even set both up off to the side and shoot through them off hand and not interfere with the benches.

I tried to reserve the range but was told they do not like to do that...I believe because a lot of members are transfers from another nearby club that has the range tied up a lot with shoots adn they don't want this to do the same direction. Generally you can go there on ANY given day and be the only one there ALL day...so let's hope that happens on the 10th.

Though in that conversation I did find out the secretary of the club (an old teacher of mine whom I was speaking with) has three (YES...3!!) of the S&W .500's so he make come out to do some playing on the 10th.
Posted By: Tigger

Re: April 10th - 03/25/2005 1:31 AM

Jeff B are you coming on the 10th???

COOL!
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums