Handgunhunt

mark hampton article...COOL GUNS !

Posted By: bisleyfan44

mark hampton article...COOL GUNS ! - 04/21/2005 1:17 AM

hey guys. just got finished reading an article you might want to check out. it's called "Cool Guns: Why T/C Guns Are So Fun" by Mark Hampton. it appears in the 2005 american handgunner annual. i won't give too much away but in it he gives a brief history of t/c, different models, and different uses of these great guns. it's available on newsstands now and maybe www.americanhandgunner.com as well. i haven't checked yet. but after reading this i came away glad we have somebody like him as a representative of our sport. truly a class act. now hurry up and go read it!!
Posted By: Bullelk Hunter

Re: mark hampton article...COOL GUNS ! - 04/21/2005 4:03 PM

I agree with BisleyFan44! Hey Bisley, you guys in Maryland don't have it so tuff. Look at the bright side; They require you to buy 1 gun per month. That is way cool.

Re: mark hampton article...COOL GUNS ! - 04/21/2005 5:19 PM

yeah! the bad part is every gun we do buy has to have a key, fired shell casing, finger print scanner and retinal reader. then we have the admin fee, waiting period, fingerprint scan, urine test, and rectal exam every month. LOL!! just kidding. it isn't quite that bad....yet!!!!
Posted By: SS 308

Re: mark hampton article...COOL GUNS ! - 04/22/2005 1:26 AM

I read in American Hunter (May 2005 page 89) that the Maryland House is considering repealing the "Ballistic Database Law". They stated and I quote "hasn't done anything to help solve crimes". Now there's a shocker.

Re: mark hampton article...COOL GUNS ! - 04/22/2005 9:41 PM

you're right ss308. this plan has cost us over 2 million dollars that could have been put to much better use. actually the law was enacted by a governor who is no longer there. he ran into a term limit. his lt. gov ran but was handily defeated by our current pro-gun gov earlich. life is getting better in md.
Posted By: LDHunter

Re: mark hampton article...COOL GUNS ! - 05/01/2005 6:49 PM

Mark also wrote an EXCELLENT book called "Handgun Hunting" that I recommend highly. It was published by Kraus Publishing and the ISBN # is 0-87349-364-8.

I've just finished reading it the second time and it'll sure get your excitement level up for hunting with a handgun!!!

$bob$
Posted By: DakotaElkSlayer

Re: mark hampton article...COOL GUNS ! - 05/02/2005 3:01 AM

I also own Handgun Hunting by Hampton. It is a good book for the single shot handgun owners...in my opinion it is lacking when talking about hunting revolvers. It mentions the .357Mag as a hunting round, but not the .45 Colt!!! Man, when is Linebaugh going to write a book?

Jim
Posted By: WNY_Whitetailer

Re: mark hampton article...COOL GUNS ! - 05/06/2005 8:23 PM

I hope NY follows suit. We followed MD's lead with the ballistic fingerprinting farce and now hopefully we will follow them when they bow out. I'll keep my fingers crossed but there is no way I am going to hold my breath.
Posted By: Tigger

Re: mark hampton article...COOL GUNS ! - 05/15/2005 3:20 PM

Got the last copy off the news stand. COOL Pictures! I also have Marks book. I have read it a couple times. Good read and lots of excellent places I will never get the chance to go to except in print.
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums