Handgunhunt

forum hunt

Posted By: jamesfromjersey

forum hunt - 02/09/2013 6:42 PM

20 degrees that morning. We were in seperate tree stamds about 100 yards from each other. In position about 6:30am. It was chilly.. Coulpe hours later spot 3 pigs about 100yds in the trees. They leave.. Hour later they start working towards me. Big pig stays in trees while 2 smaller keep getting closer. 41 comes out of holster. At 50yds open fire on smaller who then runs in circle. Swing sight to larger and hit him. Swing gun back on small and put two more 210`s in him. Put sight on big fire last round. Put one more in from S&W 657. Big one in trees. Franchise works to 50yds opens up with 416 Barnes. Flips 600lbs onto back. One more in chest and over. SCHunter works his way around field to make 50yd one-stop-shot on Corsican. The members have a great time shooting their handguns....
Posted By: s4s4u

Re: forum hunt - 02/09/2013 7:22 PM

Don't ya just love it when a plan comes together!?! Nice goin guys!
Posted By: Russell

Re: forum hunt - 02/09/2013 8:14 PM

Looks like it was loads of fun. Headed to Tenn the for a HHC hunt 1st part of March with a group of folks I hunted with at the same place last fall.
Posted By: Franchise

Re: forum hunt - 02/09/2013 8:46 PM

It was awsome to be able to hunt with these guys. I can honestly say I have met and hunted with great people on these forum hunts. Jamesfromjersey was the first guy from handgunhunt.com that I met and have hunted with. We have hunted here in NC several times and in Florida once. I have also hunted with the great outlaw gunslingger KRal, the southern gentleman SChunter, Jeff "Barnes Bullets" X, AnnieOakleyX, and Craig "the pilot" Fishel.
I hope to make this an annual event. Nothing is cooler than hunting with folks that really enjoy hunting with their pistols.
Posted By: Darrell H

Re: forum hunt - 02/09/2013 9:11 PM

Good times! Congrats guys!
Posted By: Raptortrapper

Re: forum hunt - 02/09/2013 9:13 PM

Two pigs walk into a bar.... BAM!! BAM!!... James was already in there!

HAHA!!

Nice shooting guys. Sure hope to go on one of those group hunts next year.
Posted By: KRal

Re: forum hunt - 02/09/2013 11:36 PM

Good times!!!!...wasn't able to make this one, but I agree with David; you make some lifelong friend and have a great time with handgun'n peers.
Posted By: tradmark

Re: forum hunt - 02/10/2013 12:05 AM

Souds like a great time!
Posted By: TCTex.

Re: forum hunt - 02/10/2013 12:55 AM

The #1 on my bucket list is making it up there on a group hunt...
Posted By: racksmasher

Re: forum hunt - 02/10/2013 1:03 AM

Gentlemen, well done I look forward to a hunt like this and meeting you all.
Posted By: Dan B.

Re: forum hunt - 02/10/2013 1:36 AM

Did I miss something?? Where did this go down??

Re: forum hunt - 02/10/2013 3:12 AM

Dan, we put a hunt together here in NC. I think everybody had a good time. I will tell you that I could not have asked for a better group of guys to have hunted with.
Posted By: Raptortrapper

Re: forum hunt - 02/10/2013 3:16 AM

Put me down for the next one!!!

Re: forum hunt - 02/10/2013 3:17 AM

Originally Posted By: Franchise
I will tell you that I could not have asked for a better group of guys to have hunted with.

Well.....I could have been there!!!
;\)

Re: forum hunt - 02/10/2013 3:33 AM

Dan, we would love it if you could make the next one. Raptortrapper, we will all look forward to meeting you, I will assure you that it will be a BLAST.

Re: forum hunt - 02/10/2013 3:19 PM

rapper, Love that one about 2 pigs waliking in to the bar....
Posted By: GlennS

Re: forum hunt - 02/10/2013 3:52 PM

Yeah, this is a trip I would have liked to have made. It would have been fun plus I would have had a chance to sneak off with Durs XP. He would not have been impressed with the brick that I replaced it with in his case! Hahaha
Posted By: Russell

Re: forum hunt - 02/10/2013 3:57 PM

Glenn, you ought to load up and come on over to Monterey, Tnn the 7-10th of March. There'll be a lot of goodies laid out on the lodge table each night after the huntin' that might just tempt you a bit......
Posted By: GlennS

Re: forum hunt - 02/10/2013 4:12 PM

Would be fun Sheriff but I'm afraid I'm booked for a few weeks right now. Especially if I'm gonna try and make the CSA shoot. Thanks for headsup though!!

Re: forum hunt - 02/10/2013 4:26 PM

How about some location and cost details?? I'm kicking around another antelope hunt this year...mainly b/c it gives me the chance to stretch out some of my LR toys and hunt is an environment completely different than home. I could be tempted into a more local hunt though if you guys were going to do it again.
Posted By: Aaron Proffitt

Re: forum hunt - 02/11/2013 6:18 AM

This sounds fun as hell !!
Posted By: Whitworth

Re: forum hunt - 02/11/2013 12:02 PM

Originally Posted By: Dan B.
Did I miss something?? Where did this go down??

Gotta announce it next time. This was all talked about after the fact.

Looks like y'all had a great time! Congrats!

Re: forum hunt - 02/11/2013 9:28 PM

Whit, Don`t you remember when you asked me to go on your hunt and I told you that I could`ent because of the Gold Mine hunt a month after yours? Besides, I figured that you guys would not have the cash to cover another hunt so soon after your first..
Maybe we can put this all together for next year....
Posted By: Whitworth

Re: forum hunt - 02/11/2013 9:31 PM

You told me, but y'all didn't announce it. We announced months in advance about the hunt in Johnston County. Give us a heads-up next time, so we can all get together!

Re: forum hunt - 02/13/2013 1:49 AM

Whit, Sure thing...
Posted By: cfish2

Re: forum hunt - 02/13/2013 3:16 PM

Sorry, I missed this one. Working two flying jobs right now. One is based in Ohio the other here in NC. Between the two I have no free time these days. My hunting season this year was very slow almost non existent. Hopefully, I can make it next year.

Re: forum hunt - 02/13/2013 5:07 PM

Craig, we would have loved for you to have been there. Next year go ahead & put it on the calendar.
Posted By: Gregg Richter

Re: forum hunt - 02/13/2013 7:25 PM

Is it too soon for approximate dates and details $, Franchise? It would be really neat to hunt hogs with the forum members here.

Re: forum hunt - 02/13/2013 8:59 PM

We would probaly try to put it together after Christmas, maybe sometime in Jan. or Feb. of 2014. That would give me and everybody else some time to plan & save some money.
Posted By: Gregg Richter

Re: forum hunt - 02/13/2013 9:22 PM

Originally Posted By: Franchise
We would probaly try to put it together after Christmas, maybe sometime in Jan. or Feb. of 2014. That would give me and everybody else some time to plan & save some money.

Ballpark cost? Location? (state and town)
Posted By: waynev32

Re: forum hunt - 02/13/2013 9:49 PM

I m interested also if this is in NC. Please keep this thread going and lets make it happen next yr.
Posted By: cfish2

Re: forum hunt - 02/16/2013 11:56 AM

David, I would have loved to have gone as well. Since the middle of December I have been gone. Heck my son just two nights ago said Dad are you ever coming home for more then a night or two. Things should be much different next year. I hardly made it into the woods this year. I'm putting it on the calendar for next year. I will have to bring my custom 475 linebaugh Rod is building for me. It will be a great way to break it in.

Re: forum hunt - 02/16/2013 9:27 PM

Craig, We will be waiting...
Posted By: WiseGuy

Re: forum hunt - 02/18/2013 12:18 AM

This would def be a fun hunt. Im new to the site but would enjoy meeting you guys and killing some critters. I just live in the Piedmont are of NC so Im good for anywhere. Keep us informed.

Re: forum hunt - 02/18/2013 1:16 AM

That's great man. I live on the Nash - Franklin county line. If you're close enough we can get together & do some shooting.
Posted By: WiseGuy

Re: forum hunt - 02/18/2013 1:21 AM

I dont live to awful far from you. Just a couple hours. I just live in Randolph county close to High Point and Greensboro.

Re: forum hunt - 02/18/2013 1:22 AM

Still wondering what the $$ looks like....no one has said that yet. Looks like my WY trip may not happen...no one to go along...so this may be an alternative.

Re: forum hunt - 02/18/2013 1:34 AM

Around $900. It is hard to give an exact price due to the fact it depends on what someone would want to hunt.
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums