Handgunhunt

Scope rings

Posted By: Jhedges

Scope rings - 03/24/2013 3:14 AM

Hello again, I was curious to what kind of rings you all are running on your scoped handguns. I am used to running tps alloy steel rings on my rifles and I need some durable scope rings for my 41 magnum ruger blackhawk. I would prefer low and alloy steel, but am open to suggestions. What do you guys have?
Posted By: s4s4u

Re: Scope rings - 03/24/2013 3:20 AM

Quote:
prefer low

Not too low, you are gonna have to be a cockin' that hammer. What kind of base are you using? I have Leupold aluminum rings on some serious kickers and they hold fast. Affordable as well.
Posted By: Jhedges

Re: Scope rings - 03/24/2013 3:36 AM

I have the jack weigand blackhawk mount. I had it drilled and tapped and I'm throwing a leupold 2x on it.
Posted By: rlb

Re: Scope rings - 03/24/2013 4:19 AM

I use these on my 454 and haven't had any problems yet. A lot of rounds through it.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/253330/leupold-1-prw-permanent-weaver-style-rings-matte-low
Posted By: KRal

Re: Scope rings - 03/24/2013 2:25 PM

Originally Posted By: Jhedges
I have the jack weigand blackhawk mount. I had it drilled and tapped and I'm throwing a leupold 2x on it.

I use Jack Weigand mag rings on all my FA's; I'm quite fond of 'em.
Posted By: Mark Schronce

Re: Scope rings - 03/25/2013 12:52 PM

If I am buying new, it is Weaver bases and Burris Zee Sig rings. The inserts are eazy on the scope and you can make adjustments if needed.

Mark Schronce
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums