Handgunhunt

South Carolina Question

Posted By: geoexchange

South Carolina Question - 12/03/2013 4:25 PM

I'm setting up a hog hunt on a friend's private property in SC. I have a current Indiana CCL.

Can I legally carry a handgun while hunting with that handgun in South Carolina?

South Carolina does not recognize my Indiana license (even though we recognize just about everyone elses!)

Thanks!
Posted By: Jeff686

Re: South Carolina Question - 12/03/2013 5:06 PM

http://www.dnr.sc.gov/regs/huntingregsNew.html

Probably where you'll find the answer.
Posted By: SChunter

Re: South Carolina Question - 12/04/2013 3:51 AM

Geo - even though Open Carry is frowned upon by the state (hopefully to change), you're fine to "carry" your pistol afield. It can be transported concealed in a vehicle, locked in a truck, console or glove box.
Posted By: geoexchange

Re: South Carolina Question - 12/05/2013 2:43 PM

Thank you. The laws are not very clear, but I will be on private property. I just get a little nervous in states that have restrictive gun laws....

I travel the U.S. with my job, and have to look up state laws all the time to see where, when, and how I can or cannot carry. I find it ridiculous the amount of trouble I have to go through when crossing some state lines with a firearm. Especially since my driver's license is recognized in all states!

I just wasn't sure how those laws applied to hunting. In Indiana, you have to have a permit to carry - period. Hunting or not, open or concealed. (of course not on your own property)
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums