Handgunhunt

Muzzle Brakes

Posted By: Thad B

Muzzle Brakes - 12/10/2014 10:17 PM

I of thinking of putting a muzzle brake on my 7-08 encore pistol. I am looking for input fron those of you that have had them put on your guns like where you had it done, cost, etc.

Thanks,
Thad
Posted By: rickiesrevenge

Re: Muzzle Brakes - 12/11/2014 3:47 AM

Ross Schuler makes a cheap, effective brake. Eric Wallace can put it on pretty cheap too. Been a while since I had one put on but I'd imagine its around $100.
Posted By: s4s4u

Re: Muzzle Brakes - 12/11/2014 3:57 AM

Quote:
Eric Wallace

How does one get a hold of Mr. Wallace?
Posted By: lamina1982

Re: Muzzle Brakes - 12/11/2014 6:38 AM

I had one done on my encore 308, since wanted to keep barrel same length mine is more of an integral porting i guess u xld say as is bunch strategic holes drilled in end...of crse cant remember who did it...maybe mgm?
Anyways greatly reduced recoil as can use a riflescope......BUT you can never shoot without hearing protection as you wld be deaf..even in hunting situation. It also makes a bit of muzzle blast depending on where/how shooting. End result is very little felt recoil.
Posted By: Ernie

Re: Muzzle Brakes - 12/11/2014 2:33 PM

ewallace7116@gmail.com
Eric's email
Posted By: s4s4u

Re: Muzzle Brakes - 12/11/2014 2:37 PM

Originally Posted By: Ernie
ewallace7116@gmail.com
Eric's email

Thanks Ernie
Posted By: WiseGuy

Re: Muzzle Brakes - 12/12/2014 2:31 PM

I had SSK put an arrestor brake on my 358 JDJ this past yr. Dont hold be to this but I think it was $160-$180. I cant remember exactly. It made a world of difference on that wrist breaking recoil. Good luck
Posted By: Ernie

Re: Muzzle Brakes - 12/12/2014 5:54 PM

Most effective brake I have used (If you need something at that level) is Holland's Radial Baffle.
This is a marked improvement over the original Holland Quick Discharge.
Ross's brake is very similar to Hollands original QD brake.
Posted By: Sawfish

Re: Muzzle Brakes - 12/22/2014 8:17 PM

Bullberry will also install its integral brake, but I believe that is limited to Bullberry barrels.
Posted By: wheeler45

Re: Muzzle Brakes - 12/22/2014 8:48 PM

Has anyone tried a Magnaport Magnabrake on a .308? I am debating whether to get that or an SSK Arrestor installed on my XP-100.
Posted By: Sawfish

Re: Muzzle Brakes - 12/22/2014 9:28 PM

It is basically a question of which type you prefer. Both are good brakes. The Arrestor is machined into the barrel, which means that you will lose some barrel length. The Magnabrake is threaded onto the end of the barrel, which means that you will gain some OAL, unless you have the barrel cut so the OAL matches the original. The amount gained/lost will be roughly 1.5" in both cases.
Posted By: wvhitman

Re: Muzzle Brakes - 12/22/2014 9:51 PM

I have arrestors on all my .325 and larger guns, but none on my .308 HS or .309 JDJ. Never saw need for them.
Arrestors have served me well. Had a MagNaBrake that burned up in a fire. It rose a little less than an Arrestor.
Posted By: KRal

Re: Muzzle Brakes - 12/22/2014 10:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Sawfish
It is basically a question of which type you prefer. Both are good brakes. The Arrestor is machined into the barrel, which means that you will lose some barrel length. The Magnabrake is threaded onto the end of the barrel, which means that you will gain some OAL, unless you have the barrel cut so the OAL matches the original. The amount gained/lost will be roughly 1.5" in both cases.

My Arrestor is threaded on my 270 pro hunter barrel.
Posted By: wheeler45

Re: Muzzle Brakes - 12/22/2014 11:14 PM

Thank you all.
Posted By: Hawkeye

Re: Muzzle Brakes - 12/25/2014 4:27 AM

Just had this Ross Schuler break installed on my buddies 7-08. It was killing his wrist and now it's like shooting a light load 223.Check out the video of the 7-08 after the break- NICE!
Eric Wallace is the only one I could find that will install on an Encore barrel ata reasonable cost and time frame.

Encore video
I got this 338JDJ barrel with the Magna Break instlled on it and it really tamed it. It was tuff to shoot with 180grn bullets and a full load of Varget with out the break. You could take off the break and install a muzzle thread cap.
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums