Handgunhunt

new Revolver for christmas!

Posted By: Rmagnum1183

new Revolver for christmas! - 05/26/2015 12:03 AM

SO guys Im going to be buying a new revolver for Christmas, I have these 3 in mind. It definitely has to be a 44 mag for me. Wich do you guys prefer cons and pros and personal opinion, I will take your input real serious in making my decisions.

http://www.ruger.com/products/newModelSuperBlackhawkBisleyHunter/models.html

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/s...playErrorView_Y

http://www.taurususa.com/product-details.cfm?id=203&category=Revolver&toggle=tr&breadcrumbseries=FH2
Posted By: s4s4u

Re: new Revolver for christmas! - 05/26/2015 2:03 AM

The SBH Bisley Hunter is the only one of those I have experience with personally. It was a nice revolver, but I couldn't get used to the scope being on top of the barrel, and it went down the road. I thought I'd like the ability to go from irons to optics quickly but I just accomplish that with 2 guns now.

Is an optic platform a major consideration in this purchase for you?
Posted By: Raptortrapper

Re: new Revolver for christmas! - 05/26/2015 2:03 AM

I vote Ruger. Had that gun in 45 Colt. Smooth shooter. Only reason I sold it is cause I came across a smokin deal on a Ruger Super Blackhawk donor frame, and am having it turned into a custom 45 Colt by Jack. In my opinion, and it's ONLY an opinion, it's hard to beat Jack's guns. But for factory guns that you listed above, I like Ruger.

I've only had one Taurs, and I'll NEVER do that again. Someday, I'll have a S&W 629. Always have liked Smith and Wesson of all kinds.

I vote Ruger all the way.
Posted By: Zee

Re: new Revolver for christmas! - 05/26/2015 2:12 AM

Ruger hands down.

Posted By: Zee

Re: new Revolver for christmas! - 05/26/2015 2:15 AM

Originally Posted By: s4s4u
The SBH Bisley Hunter is the only one of those I have experience with personally. It was a nice revolver, but I couldn't get used to the scope being on top of the barrel, and it went down the road.

Don't listen to him. He's weird and only allowed here for entertainment value.
Posted By: Ernie

Re: new Revolver for christmas! - 05/26/2015 3:22 AM

;\)
Posted By: REDHAWK1954

Re: new Revolver for christmas! - 05/26/2015 8:21 AM

I had a Raging Bull in 454 for a couple of years and did not like it.
Posted By: dhom

Re: new Revolver for christmas! - 05/26/2015 9:18 AM

I have not owned a Taurus, but have had the others mentioned. The S&w is very nice and smooth but , the Ruger is the workhorse. My vote is for the Ruger!
Posted By: Whitworth

Re: new Revolver for christmas! - 05/26/2015 12:09 PM

Bisley Hunter hands down........

Here is mine:

Posted By: SEAK

Re: new Revolver for christmas! - 05/26/2015 6:08 PM

For the money the Ruger is very hard to beat

Re: new Revolver for christmas! - 05/26/2015 7:43 PM

Originally Posted By: Zee
 Originally Posted By: s4s4u
The SBH Bisley Hunter is the only one of those I have experience with personally. It was a nice revolver, but I couldn't get used to the scope being on top of the barrel, and it went down the road.

Don't listen to him. He's weird and only allowed here for entertainment value.

Hey now, I may resemble that remark!
Posted By: junebug

Re: new Revolver for christmas! - 05/27/2015 12:07 AM

If you don't like the Super Redhawks, there is a Redhawk hunter .44 for sale at a local shop. Just to add another option to the mix.
Posted By: mike.44

Re: new Revolver for christmas! - 05/27/2015 1:36 PM

I have the Ruger SBH Bisley you have listed. It is very smooth and accurate. It is top/forward heavy with an optic on the barrel. Shooting it offhand is not easy with the optic. It will be going away. I have a couple S&W 29s and 629s that will stay because of the way they balance. I would stay away from the Taurus because of QC and long waits to get it shooting right if there is an issue. The S&W you listed is a bit high priced for what you get. I do have a 500 JRH Jack worked on and is beautiful. For hot loads it is tough to beat the Ruger.
Posted By: SChunter

Re: new Revolver for christmas! - 05/27/2015 2:18 PM

RMagnum,

My vote is for the Bisley (first), recognizing that you'll probably own a S&W 29/629 at some point too
\:\)

The 629 Stealth model listed suffers from the same forward-mounting rail system that the SBHBH employs. Go with the 629 and full underlug and use the Weigand or similar rail for a more above-cylinder mounting option.
Posted By: Darrell H

Re: new Revolver for christmas! - 05/27/2015 7:17 PM

Or you could go with an optic such as this on the Stealth Hunter.
\:\)

My vote is for the Ruger or the Smith. As SCH mentions, a plain ol' 629 is a good option too...this is one of my favorites.

Have fun deciding!
Posted By: KRal

Re: new Revolver for christmas! - 05/28/2015 12:03 AM

I like the Bisley Hunter, they tend to shoot purdy good...

Posted By: Rmagnum1183

Re: new Revolver for christmas! - 05/28/2015 7:00 AM

what distance was that group?
Posted By: KRal

Re: new Revolver for christmas! - 05/28/2015 11:59 AM

Originally Posted By: Rmagnum1183
what distance was that group?

50 yards.

Re: new Revolver for christmas! - 05/28/2015 1:16 PM

Good shootin', Kim
Posted By: Whitworth