Handgunhunt

Safari Hunter's Journal TV with 500 S&W revolver.

Posted By: billa

Safari Hunter's Journal TV with 500 S&W revolver. - 08/30/2016 1:19 AM

Who watches the Safari Hunter's Journal TV show with Steve Scott?
Mr. Scott has taken quite a few animals with the 500 S&W revolver. Even elephant and buffalo. What do you think of the show? I have mixed feelings. Some episodes seem very good but I have also seen him take a few marginal shots resulting in missed or wounded and lost game. I realize it happens to all of us but....
Your thoughts?
Posted By: pab1

Re: Safari Hunter's Journal TV with 500 S&W revolver. - 08/30/2016 2:07 AM

Originally Posted By: billa
I have also seen him take a few marginal shots resulting in missed or wounded and lost game. I realize it happens to all of us but....
Your thoughts?

I've never seen that show but I quit watching hunting shows because of that type of behavior. I've wrote about it here before but at some point these shows changed from ethical hunters that show respect for the animals they hunt to people obsessed with killing to stroke their own ego. It seemed to become normal and accepted behavior to take low odds shots just to have a chance of being the "hero".

Not all of the shows are like this but I saw enough of that type of behavior to not want to see anymore. One show host I did like was Fred Eichler. A lot of people bag on him for his excited reaction when he kills an animal. What I liked about him was that he would be just as excited when he shot a doe as he was when he shot a big buck. Every show of his I saw he came across as ethical and respectful of the animals he hunted. I also enjoyed the show Meat Eater with Steve Rinella.
Posted By: Ernie

Re: Safari Hunter's Journal TV with 500 S&W revolver. - 08/30/2016 10:35 AM

Haven't watched any show like that for over a year, but I did enjoy Steve Rinella in every aspect. Fred's shooting skill impressed me, but the over the top reactions got old quickly for me
Posted By: Raptortrapper

Re: Safari Hunter's Journal TV with 500 S&W revolver. - 08/30/2016 11:58 AM

I liked Meat Eater also. It was the only hunting show I watched. Then my wife and I decided to get rid of the TV, and I haven't really missed it much at all. When winter gets here, we may start it back up just because daylight hours are so short, and it gets dark in the evening really early. Kinda limits what we can do outside after work.
Posted By: Chance Weldon

Re: Safari Hunter's Journal TV with 500 S&W revolver. - 08/30/2016 12:01 PM

I'll have to record it sometime to see for myself.
Posted By: Raptortrapper

Re: Safari Hunter's Journal TV with 500 S&W revolver. - 08/30/2016 12:04 PM

I think you'll like him Chance. He's very honest about things, and doesn't just step back and watch new cultures from a distance, he gets right in there and participates / eats whatever the "locals" do. Even if it's monkey! That was one of my favorite episodes as you saw him go from "NO WAY am I eating that" to "Well, look, this is what they do here, and I can't judge them simply because it's against what I grew up with".

Re: Safari Hunter's Journal TV with 500 S&W revolver. - 08/30/2016 12:15 PM

Overall i do like the show. Mr. Scott seems to be a seasoned, respectful outdoorsman with far more hunting experience than I have. He is not a good ol boy, cowboy / jerk like some of the shows have. He does show considerable handgun hunting on screen. I just want to get others feedback on the show.
Posted By: dvan

Re: Safari Hunter's Journal TV with 500 S&W revolver. - 08/30/2016 6:10 PM

Which hunting channel is show on?

Re: Safari Hunter's Journal TV with 500 S&W revolver. - 08/31/2016 9:30 PM

Sportsman Channel. Sat 8:30pm EDT
Posted By: dvan

Re: Safari Hunter's Journal TV with 500 S&W revolver. - 09/02/2016 1:34 AM

Knew I had never saw on Outdoor Channel. Bummer. Our cable provider doesn't carry Sportsman or Pursuit channels.
Posted By: S.B.

Re: Safari Hunter's Journal TV with 500 S&W revolver. - 09/04/2016 3:45 PM

I couldn't find the title listed,on my TV guide but, I found Smith & Wesson Outdoors?
Steve
Posted By: Chance Weldon

Re: Safari Hunter's Journal TV with 500 S&W revolver. - 09/04/2016 4:26 PM

Yeah, I couldn't find it either.
Posted By: S.B.

Re: Safari Hunter's Journal TV with 500 S&W revolver. - 09/22/2016 8:09 PM

Since first reading this thread I've taped all episodes and can say I'm sorely disappointed with no handgun hunts? Juat another rifle/shotgun hunting show, so far.
Steve
Posted By: Handgunner400

Re: Safari Hunter's Journal TV with 500 S&W revolver. - 09/25/2016 1:21 AM

I've watched this show as well and noticed, in one show, a poor shot on a buck. I'm not sure if he jerked the trigger, anticipated recoil or just forced an opportunity. I do like the show for having handgun hunts featured.
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums