Handgunhunt

Rubber grips for SBH Hunter?

Posted By: Randy M

Rubber grips for SBH Hunter? - 10/06/2017 10:48 AM

Does anyone make aftermarket rubber-type grips for the Ruger SBH hunter? I see many out there but they ask specify 'not for this model'.
Posted By: racksmasher1

Re: Rubber grips for SBH Hunter? - 10/06/2017 11:04 AM

Hogue
Posted By: BushytailBasher

Re: Rubber grips for SBH Hunter? - 10/06/2017 1:30 PM

That's what I was going to say I've loved every set I've had.... May not be pretty but the sure are comfortable.
Posted By: junebug

Re: Rubber grips for SBH Hunter? - 10/06/2017 3:04 PM

If you have the Bisley grip NO, not that I can find.

Re: Rubber grips for SBH Hunter? - 10/07/2017 1:39 AM

Yep it's the Bisley grip. Thanks for the responses.
Posted By: junebug

Re: Rubber grips for SBH Hunter? - 10/07/2017 2:35 AM

I like a filler behind the trigger guard to protect my knuckle. I bought an Eagle brand grip for mine. It did require some slight fitting. It does keep my knuckle from getting bashed from recoil.

Re: Rubber grips for SBH Hunter? - 10/07/2017 11:49 AM

I'm surprised no one has made an after market rubber type grip for this gun. It's been around quite a while now and seems to be fairly popular.

I think I'm going to wrap the grip with a tennis racket grip wrap. It should function pretty well but will certainly be ugly. Then again, so are most rubber grips.

Thanks again everyone.

Randy.
Posted By: Whitworth

Re: Rubber grips for SBH Hunter? - 10/07/2017 1:03 PM

It's a Bisley and I for one am grateful that no one has trampled on that sacred ground with a rubber grip - LOL! That said, in my humble opinion, every Bisley deserves a custom set of grips and more importantly, the shooter deserves them even more. I would suggest having some grips made for your hand. It will absolutely change your shooting experience with your Bisley exponentially.
Posted By: cherokeetracker

Re: Rubber grips for SBH Hunter? - 10/07/2017 1:25 PM

+1 Om what Whitworth said. as far as a custom grip. But I also want to add, That Jack Huntington does an excellent job with his grip modification. After having this treatment done on my Bisley grip, I want it from now on. NO more knuckle busting. And also All my pistols wear custom grips.
When you have a grip that fits your hand, it improves things dramatically. It is nice knowing when the hammer is dropped on a heavy load that your knuckle is NOT going to be smashed. Some of us need to be able to wear gloves when hunting and that is near impossible with some setups. So the grip mod again, shines in this respect.

Re: Rubber grips for SBH Hunter? - 10/07/2017 3:10 PM

Originally Posted By: cherokeetracker
+1 Om what Whitworth said. as far as a custom grip. But I also want to add, That Jack Huntington does an excellent job with his grip modification. After having this treatment done on my Bisley grip, I want it from now on. NO more knuckle busting. And also All my pistols wear custom grips.
When you have a grip that fits your hand, it improves things dramatically. It is nice knowing when the hammer is dropped on a heavy load that your knuckle is NOT going to be smashed. Some of us need to be able to wear gloves when hunting and that is near impossible with some setups. So the grip mod again, shines in this respect.

Yup and it's reasonably priced IMHO. Well worth it.
Posted By: Yetiman

Re: Rubber grips for SBH Hunter? - 10/09/2017 2:12 AM

I have to pile on here. I sent my grip frame and two drawings of my hand to Jack Huntington, and the results were amazing.

The gun feels like it shoots much softer now and is easy to get a consistent, repeatable comfortable grip. It has improved my consistent accuracy also.
Posted By: Festus

Re: Rubber grips for SBH Hunter? - 10/10/2017 9:57 PM

at one time there were makers
However now...none

Im toying with the idea of trying to build a set myself
I also get the knuckle rap:)

Re: Rubber grips for SBH Hunter? - 10/11/2017 2:26 AM

Originally Posted By: Festus
However now...none

That's what I'm considering. Post pics if you do please and I'll do the same.
Posted By: Craig44

Re: Rubber grips for SBH Hunter? - 10/11/2017 3:01 PM

A set of properly fitted custom grips will not only look a million times better but will be infinitely more comfortable than any oversized rubber monstrosity. Contrary to popular misconception, grips don't have to be rubber to be comfy.

Re: Rubber grips for SBH Hunter? - 10/11/2017 6:25 PM

Originally Posted By: Festus
However now...none

Honestly, I don't think anyone has ever made an oversized rubber Bisley grip, to my knowledge.

There's nothing like a good set of grips made specifically for your hand.

© 2024 Handgunhunt forums