Handgunhunt

Caldwell Deadshot Fieldpod?

Posted By: IAshooter

Caldwell Deadshot Fieldpod? - 11/17/2018 10:31 PM

Curious to know if anyone has used a Caldwell Deadshot Fieldpod for handgun hunting? If so, do you have a pick of how you're set up with it? Thanks.
Posted By: Chance Weldon

Re: Caldwell Deadshot Fieldpod? - 11/17/2018 11:05 PM

I?m actually curious about that one, too. That was the one I was leaning heavily towards until I found a Bog Pod PSR, which has very unfortunately been discontinued.
Posted By: onehandgunner

Re: Caldwell Deadshot Fieldpod? - 11/18/2018 3:04 PM

I have both. I do not see how the Caldwell would work. It is great for a bolt or semi-auto rifle. My Bog-Pod has both rests and the yoke seems better to me than the cradle, cradle is good for a lever gun.

Re: Caldwell Deadshot Fieldpod? - 11/18/2018 4:57 PM

Originally Posted By: onehandgunner
I have both. I do not see how the Caldwell would work. It is great for a bolt or semi-auto rifle. My Bog-Pod has both rests and the yoke seems better to me than the cradle, cradle is good for a lever gun.

Thanks. This was the kind of response I was looking for. I had doubts I could get one to work the way I wanted it to w/o modifying it in some way first.
Posted By: 10MMMAN

Re: Caldwell Deadshot Fieldpod? - 11/19/2018 6:06 PM

I removed the rear support and placed a small sandbag on the rails. Very sturdy, i practice with this set up and am very happy with it
Posted By: Buck_358

Re: Caldwell Deadshot Fieldpod? - 11/19/2018 11:31 PM

I posted this a few years back, I?ve been using both the deadshot tripod and treepod. True as sold it is not designed / compatible for handguns. I modified my railing with a 6 x 6 piece of ? inch plywood attached with 4 bolts & wing nuts so I can adjust if needed. I use a leather pillow filled with tumble media. I secure the pillow to the plywood with Velcro so it stays attached. I am very happy with both no issues with accuracy, I can mirror my practice and hunt from ground to tree. I can leave the wood plate attached and continue to use it for rifle if desired. Pictures below.
D..

Re: Caldwell Deadshot Fieldpod? - 11/20/2018 12:07 AM

These are good methods. In my case I sit to shoot my 270 or 223 rifle, my Caldwell has a 32" max height. I normally stand for handgun and my Bog Pod extends to 60" +/-. If I need to sit for handgun I use a squeeze/fold up chair from WalMart. I then cross my legs and rest the revolver over my knee. So there is a way. You will find what is best for you.

Re: Caldwell Deadshot Fieldpod? - 11/23/2018 4:03 AM

Thanks again for the responses guys. I like the set up you have Buck_358. I think I'll buy one and see what I can do with it. Thanks again.

Re: Caldwell Deadshot Fieldpod? - 11/29/2018 3:37 AM

Got the Caldwell delivered yesterday along with my new blind, so of course I had to move the dining room table and set everything up to see how/if it would work. I think I'll be happy with this set up. [img][/img]
Posted By: WiseGuy

Re: Caldwell Deadshot Fieldpod? - 11/29/2018 5:05 AM

I have both the caldwell and the bog pod. For me personally the caldwell is hands down a better set up. The problem I have with the bog pod is it doesnt swivel up or down. If you have to make an adjustment more than what a rear squeeze bag does you have to move one or more legs.
Posted By: rougerocco

Re: Caldwell Deadshot Fieldpod? - 11/29/2018 12:30 PM

Very Nice! IAshooter
Looking to do the same type of set up!

Re: Caldwell Deadshot Fieldpod? - 11/29/2018 3:38 PM

I'm glad you got something to work for you.
Posted By: Buck_358

Re: Caldwell Deadshot Fieldpod? - 11/30/2018 2:29 PM

IAShooter
Excellent let us know how this works out for you..
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums