Handgunhunt

What is it?

Posted By: shooter_44

What is it? - 12/23/2005 10:00 PM

I recently purchased a T/C contender 10 inch with 2 octagon barrels. One in 357 and the other in 44. The 44 mag barrel has a "choke" on it for lack of a better term. Can I shoot bullets through the choke or should it be removed. I seem to remember TC offering some hot shot cartridges or something years back but can not find reference to it. The gun came with no owners manuals etc. but did include a wrench to take the choke off.
Posted By: ccdhowell

Re: What is it? - 12/23/2005 10:46 PM

Is it the 44mag or maybe a 45 Long Colt. The 45LC barrel will shoot 410 shotshells and TC made them with a removable scope.

Just a hunch.
Posted By: RadioTech

Remove the choke!!! - 12/23/2005 11:25 PM

Don't shoot regular bullets through the choke, you could remove it and the first few inches of barrel if you don't. That choke is designed to shred the plastic capsule holding shot in the TC Hotshot cartridge. You need to remove it to shoot regular ammunition.
Posted By: billa

Re: What is it? - 12/24/2005 1:11 AM

I have one of these that I bought new in 1977. The 44 barrel is designed to shoot T/C brand 44 Hotshot capsules. I used mine to hunt pheasants and squirrels back in the 80s before you could buy a 45/410 barrel. T/C would sell loaded ammo or you could buy the plastic, shot filled capsules and handload them into reg. 44mag brass. they were equivalent to a 410 shell. If you take the choke off you can shoot reg 44mag ammo. It makes a nice little gun to carry in a shoulder holster or on a belt. I have killed a few deer and an exotic sheep with mine. Perhaps one of you guys that are T/C collectors could tell us more.
Posted By: shooter_44

Re: What is it? - 01/06/2006 3:55 AM

Thank you all for the info. I appreciate it and now I know.
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums