Handgunhunt

Saying goodbye.....

Posted By: Dan B.

Saying goodbye..... - 02/24/2006 1:16 PM

Change is unavoidable and we must be able to allow for it. So with sadness...I must say goodbye...to a gun. My 7mm Mauser XP-100 is in for a change!! Sent it off the Allen Precision Shooting for a make over...project completion is seven months!!! Aarrghhhh...but it will well worth it from the dealings I have heard from Kirby's customers!!
Posted By: Rupe/PA

Re: Saying goodbye..... - 02/24/2006 1:50 PM

Golly Dan - I kinda gotts all choked up wen I reads 'bout yur hardship. Sur hopes ya kin git over it an carry on. Man, 7 months can seem like an eternity !!

Rupe

Re: Saying goodbye..... - 02/24/2006 2:34 PM

I see that you were sniffing out another XP...you dog!! Did'ya see that I left that deer and turkey pic in your reloading room?? Just noticed yesterday that I did not have them.

I'll be in Titusville on the 14th....range trip in the afternoon??
Posted By: Rupe/PA

Re: Saying goodbye..... - 02/24/2006 3:17 PM

Dan - Went downstairs and looked and you are correct, the pictures are here. I'm considering clipping your face and inserting mine. That's just on the buck pic, I have enough turkeys.

Concerning the XPs - I'm a "SICK" person and this all started when you MADE me shoot the Yellow Gun. Yes, you are right, I have been on the trail of a couple and I think I caught one this morning. It's another 7 BR ! Why you ask ?, well I can't say for certain; it just happened ! I gotta quit this and start saving for my old age, which at times I feel has arrived.

March 14 sounds like a range trip for sure. Let me know a time when you get closer. Wait until you see the range box w/wheels that I put together. Couldn't find one for reasonable $$s so I fashioned one. See you on the 14th and talk with you soon.

Chuck
Posted By: JD

Re: Saying goodbye..... - 02/26/2006 1:07 AM

Do not worry, He has a RIFLE of mine to play with for a little while till he gets his new toy back

Yes I said RIFLE and Dan B in the same post

JD

Re: Saying goodbye..... - 02/26/2006 1:34 AM

Yeah...what kind friend is that. JD buys a .300 Rem Ultra Magnum and has ME do all the load development!!
Posted By: JLarsson

Re: Saying goodbye..... - 02/26/2006 2:52 AM

Goodbye? Sounds like "au revoir" to me.

But 'tis true - parting is SUCH sweet sorrow.

Hey - if you can get them to extend the wait for a couple more months, it would almost be like being pregnant. Okay - nobody heard me just say that. lol

What's the makeover, btw (unless I just missed that)?
Posted By: Ernie

Re: Saying goodbye..... - 02/26/2006 9:49 PM

I'm pretty sure I know the caliber, but I'm not completely sure I know the cartridge.
Have you changed your mind?
At least you have some time to do so...

Re: Saying goodbye..... - 02/26/2006 10:44 PM

Ernie...I wussed. Going w/ the .284 Winchester. Recoil was not a conisderation...but long term shootability changed my mind from the 7WSM. I like to shoot...a LOT and did not want to sacrifice barrel life...just yet. The .284 will give me alot of shooting to better learn to LR game. Besides...I can see more XP's in my future (eventually) and the next one from Kirby may just be the 7mm Dakota!
Posted By: GonHuntin

Re: Saying goodbye..... - 02/26/2006 11:51 PM

Re-barrel or rechamber???

Re: Saying goodbye..... - 02/27/2006 12:08 AM

The works!! Lilja 1 in 9" twist barrel, Holland lug, blueprinted, HS stock, etc!!
Posted By: GrnMntMan

Re: Saying goodbye..... - 02/27/2006 5:08 AM

Quote:

project completion is seven months!!! Aarrghhhh...

I feel quilty now for complaining about my wait of a few weeks.
LOL
Good Luck Dan.

Re: Saying goodbye..... - 02/27/2006 1:12 PM

Nothing wrong with the 284 Win
My ole 284 Win XP barrel gave me years of satisfaction and LR fun.
Posted By: Buttermilk

Re: Saying goodbye..... - 02/27/2006 3:36 PM

What kind of ballistic capability does the 284 Win have in a 15" barrel? I'd be interested in this one in an Encore, I think.

Regards,

Rog

Re: Saying goodbye..... - 02/27/2006 11:29 PM

You should be able to get 2700+ fps with a 140 grain pill.

Re: Saying goodbye..... - 02/28/2006 2:37 AM

I'm going w/ a 17" barrel and hope to get the 154gr Hornady IB to 2700fps. I'll also be interested to see what Steve gets out of the 6.5WSM for performance...that may be my first big boomer!

Re: Saying goodbye..... - 02/28/2006 5:35 AM

That 6.5WSM will be very respectable!
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums