Handgunhunt

wolff springs

Posted By: mikeflo44

wolff springs - 05/13/2006 10:51 PM

installed my wolff spring kit in the ruger bisley.the gun will cock as long as it is not held with the muzzel pointed up anybody else have the same problem
thanks,mike
Posted By: jim257

Re: wolff springs - 05/14/2006 2:12 AM

sounds like when you unhooked the doodad you got ahold of the thingamajig instead,check the whatchamacallit and the hickeyjigger and you may find the problem ...i dont have a clue but hope you figure it out...jim257
Posted By: mikeflo44

Re: wolff springs - 05/14/2006 12:33 PM

got it fixed,8 hrs sleep and looking at the gun on disassembley the trigger spring sliped under the grove that it should have been.for 13 bucks what a nice trigger
Posted By: Jtcsrvbi

Re: wolff springs - 05/15/2006 3:04 PM

ANY ONE try these on a ruger srh 44 mag? mine pulls 4 lb single and 14 double action. i'd like to get it down around 2-1/2 to 3 on single. i looked on wolff's site they had a spring pack with spring from 9-12 lbs. they didnt mention single action for the ruger srh. will a lighter main spring reduce both??

thanks

john

(OOOPS HAD IT BACKWARD)
Posted By: Vance in AK.

Re: wolff springs - 05/15/2006 5:11 PM

Just to help you figure out what you're looking at in catalogs, the single action pull is what you get when you pre-cock the hammer with your thumb. The double action pull is when you pull the trigger all the way through the stroke with out pulling the hammer back with your thumb, so on your gun the 14# should be double action, & the 4# single action. I put a wolf set in a Redhawk I had a long time ago, & it helped quite a bit.
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums