Handgunhunt

I'M A DAD!!!

Posted By: cyberhick

I'M A DAD!!! - 06/17/2006 4:12 PM

Wednesday night at 11:38, our daughter Abigail Reid was born. That was the most awesome experience in my life, getting to see my daughter born. She looks like me in the eyes, otherwise just like her mother. She was 7lbs 9oz and 20in long with a head of dark hair and VERY long feet. Her feet are a good 1/2-3/4 inch longer that her 5week old cousin's feet, however, she gets it honestly because I wear size 15 men's and her mother wears size 13 women's (11 men). I'm so very proud of her and my wife.

cyberhick
Posted By: MS Hitman

Re: I'M A DAD!!! - 06/17/2006 7:47 PM

Congrats on the little girl!
Posted By: KYODE

Re: I'M A DAD!!! - 06/17/2006 8:10 PM

congratulations! got 2 girls n a boy here. 16, 14, n 8. so.........evidently it IS legal to have peestols and kids in your posession at the same time. don't let nobody make ya think life ends when ya have children. it is a wonderful begining....congrats again.
Posted By: bisleyfan44

Re: I'M A DAD!!! - 06/18/2006 1:12 AM

congrats, cyberhick! that's great news and abigail is a beautiful name. my daughter's only 8, but i can tell you from my experience so far there are many great days ahead for you all. i wonder how long before one of those tip-up barrel beretta 22s will fit her? congrats again and enjoy her.....you won't want to miss a moment (except maybe for the diaper calls ) and don't forget to look after mama, too. GOD bless.
Posted By: MIHunter

Re: I'M A DAD!!! - 06/18/2006 1:27 AM

Congrats, That's great I have a 3 year old little girl so I know what your going through. Take alot of pictures because time flies right by. I have a little boy do in less than a month so its diaper time again for me too.
Posted By: Dan B.

Re: I'M A DAD!!! - 06/18/2006 1:39 AM

Hey man...that's great!! Life with kids is wonderful....busy...but wonderful!! Mine are 2 1/2 yrs (Sara) and 8 months (Colt).

It is true that life does not end when kids arrive...but make sure you keep that in mind. I learned to be more efficient doing certain things...such as reloading! Example...run the brass tumbler when helping the wife fold clothes...anytime the wife takes the kids anywhere (friends house, mom's house, etc) you should be reloading instead of watching TV, get up a half hour earlier on the weekends to prime brass instead of sleeping in, etc. You'll learn!

Congratulations!
Posted By: jim257

Re: I'M A DAD!!! - 06/18/2006 3:41 AM

congrats......mine are 6 and 11,courtney is 11 and cody is 6.ya dont realize how much you can love a child until you hold your own.enjoy every moment...they grow up FAST!!!jim257
Posted By: Ernie

Re: I'M A DAD!!! - 06/18/2006 12:10 PM

ch,
Congrats!!!
I wear 14-AAA shoes, so I nunderstand the big foot issue.
Posted By: Tigger

Re: I'M A DAD!!! - 06/18/2006 7:57 PM

AWESOME!!! Kids are a true gift!! Just think in a few years you will have a great hunting and shooting partner. My first was a girl and she likes to hunt more than the boys.
Posted By: GrnMntMan

Re: I'M A DAD!!! - 06/19/2006 12:38 AM

Congrats PaPa...
Posted By: Bullelk Hunter

Re: I'M A DAD!!! - 06/19/2006 3:04 AM

Congrats cyberhick! Maybe if doesn't like hunting or shooting, she'll be a good swimmer! Kids are a joy and they will bring you much happiness. But remember, you had to grow up too! Growing up has it's pains. Keep it all in perspective to where you've been and teach her right. Now go get her a 22lr Contender for her first birthday and let her shoot it as much as she wants.
Posted By: wapitirod

Re: I'M A DAD!!! - 06/19/2006 9:15 AM

CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU AND MOM!!!!! I've got 5 ranging from 5 1/2 to 13 1/2 the two youngest are girls and oldest obviously are boys. I got to tell you I love all my kids the same but there is something a little extra special about a little girl and her daddy.
Best wishes and God bless you and your family.
Rod
Posted By: Jtcsrvbi

Re: I'M A DAD!!! - 06/19/2006 2:23 PM

FATHERHOOD IS ABOUT THE GREATEST FEELING IN THE WORLD!! CONGRATS!!!
Posted By: Bama

Re: I'M A DAD!!! - 06/19/2006 4:26 PM

cingrats, it is awsome. Glad everyone is doing fine.
Posted By: Sawfish

Re: I'M A DAD!!! - 06/19/2006 7:32 PM

Congratulations, and a friendly warning. I love my Sons dearly, but Little girls will steal your heart away. Mine is still doing that, and she recently turned 35. You Dads that have only boys probably will not understand this, but the Dads with Daughters sure will.
Posted By: Rafe Covington

Re: I'M A DAD!!! - 06/20/2006 12:04 AM

Congratulations, greatest thing in the world being a dad. Babies, only true miracle in the world.
Posted By: cyberhick

Re: I'M A DAD!!! - 06/20/2006 1:30 AM

Thanks so much yall for your congrats and reminders that she won't always fit in my hand. This has been the most amazing thing in my life, getting to see and hold my daughter, just saying that puts huge smiles on my face, i'm stoked. Children are very important to both my wife and I, we love them all, and we can't wait until we have a large family, although my wife can wait for the process. I tell you what, she's tougher than I am, she's amazing, going thru birth like that. I am a very blessed man.

cyberhick
Posted By: SS 308

Re: I'M A DAD!!! - 06/27/2006 10:36 PM

Congrats! Isn't it a great feeling?! Hope mom and little one are doing ok.

Again, Congratulations!!!
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums