Handgunhunt

What am I forgetting??!!

Posted By: Dan B.

What am I forgetting??!! - 10/29/2006 1:49 AM

OK...leaving on Wednesday for the long ride to the west! Goin' Elk huntin!!

I "think" I have everything ready. But it's been a while since I have taken an out of state hunt and don't want to forget anything.

What are the items that you find yourself franticly searching to find at the last minute or turning around and going back home to get??
Posted By: hntrjohn

Re: What am I forgetting??!! - 10/29/2006 2:09 AM

My "Things to pack List"
Posted By: grimel

Re: What am I forgetting??!! - 10/29/2006 2:36 AM

rope, fire starter, toilet paper, and a sharpening stone.
Posted By: deadeye

Re: What am I forgetting??!! - 10/29/2006 7:43 PM

dan i just came back from montana 2week ago, pack ammo,guns,butt wipes,sleeping bag,warm clothes,what ever else you forget you problly dont really need!!!!!
Posted By: nmhunter

Re: What am I forgetting??!! - 10/29/2006 10:35 PM

first aid kit!! check your list!!!!

good luck on your hunt
nmhunter
Posted By: JD HHI 6092

Re: What am I forgetting??!! - 10/29/2006 11:53 PM

Compass/GPS/extra batteries.
Camera and extra film.
Posted By: Gary

Re: What am I forgetting??!! - 10/30/2006 1:01 AM

Turn off the date feature on your digital camera.
Posted By: Tigger

Re: What am I forgetting??!! - 10/30/2006 1:29 AM

I kmow what you are forgetting.................

ME!!

I want to go!!!
Posted By: hntrjohn

Re: What am I forgetting??!! - 10/30/2006 1:42 AM

Quote:

This is probably a dumb question but, why would you need to do that?
Posted By: Dan B.

Re: What am I forgetting??!! - 10/30/2006 1:52 AM

Quote:

Quote:

This is probably a dumb question but, why would you need to do that?

Well...I was hoggin' several weeks (maybe months) ago and took some really nice pictures for the magazine. After I got home, made up a CD of the pics for Gary and mailed them off...did I realize that the camera had the date stamped on the pics (which is not good for print photos)...and it was the WRONG date!
Posted By: Gary

Re: What am I forgetting??!! - 10/30/2006 2:41 AM

Bingo
Posted By: sscoyote

Re: What am I forgetting??!! - 10/30/2006 2:41 AM

My most important gear these days is the sip tube for a dromedary bag--easier to stay hydrated.

Also heaplamp with extra batteries.
Posted By: Bullelk Hunter

Re: What am I forgetting??!! - 10/30/2006 3:18 AM

I think you forgot my address for shipping steaks and roasts ! Oh, never mind, I'll come pick them up during Pa deer season when I'm out there! Besides, it'll give me a chance to check out your new toy.
Posted By: Bama

Re: What am I forgetting??!! - 10/30/2006 10:18 PM

a GOOD COMPASS and MAP. GPS is great, but a compass will never fail to boot up. Some type of water purification; Tablets or pump.

When I was out west I also had a small pesican stove and a mountain house meal in my pack.I bought a small bottle of denatured alcohol when I got out there, I couldn't pack fuel. Emergency blanket. Just enough if I had to spend the night in the back country.Folding saw is great for firewood and building a shelter if need be. LOL I'm an Asst. Scoutmaster and you know what the moto is: "Be Prepared"

I will say this my friend in Montana were impresed because I had everything they had in their packs and I had never been in the back country hunting before. They thought they were going to help me with my daypack items.

Lithium AA batteries weigh half as much as alkaline and last longer too.
Posted By: regnets

Re: What am I forgetting??!! - 10/31/2006 2:59 PM

Your Tags Dan, Don't forget your tags and hunting licenses.

Shure would be a shame to get all the way there and not be able to hunt. I have had to turn around a few times to get mine!! (Luckily I never go t too far from home before I realized it) Now they are the first thing I pack!
Good luck and I can't wait to read your post about the trip.
Posted By: Vance in AK.

Re: What am I forgetting??!! - 10/31/2006 7:47 PM

Besides what's already been mentioned, I'd add that I don't go on any backountry hunt with out lip balm & Amodium-AD. And for the smart alecs, no I don't apply them both to the same problem
Have FUN!!!!!!
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums