Handgunhunt

MOA pistols and there values

Posted By: Encore307

MOA pistols and there values - 04/01/2007 10:37 PM

Hey guys turned down a deal on an MOA pistol w/3 barrels and a 2.5-7 Burris pistol scope. 750.00 was the price on the gun and I believe he would have gone lower on his price. Would this have been a good deal or was it best I passed up on this deal
Posted By: ranger140892

Re: MOA pistols and there values - 04/02/2007 12:16 AM

I don't know what they cost, but I'm not at all impressed with them. I would have passed.
Posted By: nmhunter

Re: MOA pistols and there values - 04/02/2007 1:07 AM

was it stainless or blued? the going rate is in the $700-850 range. they are extremely strong actions and very accurate. good friend used one in a 6.5x284 to take his antelpe at over 400 yds last season in WY. the gun with the burris and three additional barrels would have been worth the dollars,espicially if you could have gotten it down lower.
nmhunter
Posted By: Encore307

Re: MOA pistols and there values - 04/02/2007 2:04 AM

The action was SS and the barrels a.308 a 7TCU and a.243. The only thing I dont like is you have to have a barrel vise to change a barrel
Posted By: jsh

Re: MOA pistols and there values - 04/02/2007 11:23 AM

I have shot a few, but never owned one. I don't know where the other gents above hail from, but that is a darn good deal around here. Frame, three barrels and a scope.............
Did you check the price on a new one, then the waiting time on top of that?
The ones I have shot were all excellent shooters. The grip style throws a lot of guys off I think. The last one I shot in IHMSA match was a 6.5BR. I ended up with a 38x40, the gun didn't mis a target, I just ran out of time on the two "O's". I myself find them to be a bit busy, along with not being large finger friendly. I think I could work through that after a few matches and get my rythm down, time factor would not be a problem.
As to the barrel vise, I have seen guys swap barrels pretty quick and all they used was their spanner wrench.
Jeff
Posted By: Ernie

Re: MOA pistols and there values - 04/02/2007 12:37 PM

Quote:

The action was SS and the barrels a.308 a 7TCU and a.243. The only thing I dont like is you have to have a barrel vise to change a barrel

That is a good deal.
The MOA is a different cat to shoot, but a very accurate one.
It hasn't quite reached my XP's status, but it is close.
Rich is making me a new barrel at the moment and I look forward to using it for several projects.
Posted By: s4s4u

Re: MOA pistols and there values - 04/02/2007 11:39 PM

Value is in the eye of the beholder, and the MOA faithful would likely salivate over that deal. But to be honest I find them a bit homely and inconvenient to use, no offense, and you couldn't give one to me. Well, I lied, you could GIVE one to me but I wouldn't buy one. FWIW, Rod.

Re: MOA pistols and there values - 04/03/2007 1:45 AM

No doubt not the most appealing to the eye, but performance wise it stands up to the best.
I have nothing against aesthetics, but give me strength and accuracy over looks any day.
It's looks has grown on me through time.
Posted By: Dan B.

Re: MOA pistols and there values - 04/03/2007 1:55 AM

Quote:

I have nothing against aesthetics, but give me strength and accuracy over looks any day.

You talking about Steve or the MOA??

Re: MOA pistols and there values - 04/03/2007 3:11 AM

Quote:

Quote:

You talking about Steve or the MOA??

I'm Not Telling
Posted By: Melvin in SC

Re: MOA pistols and there values - 04/03/2007 3:57 PM

Quote:

Hey guys turned down a deal on an MOA pistol w/3 barrels and a 2.5-7 Burris pistol scope. 750.00 was the price on the gun and I believe he would have gone lower on his price. Would this have been a good deal or was it best I passed up on this deal

Kirk,
Sent you a PM
Melvin
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums