Handgunhunt

I'm OK and home for now

Posted By: Tigger

I'm OK and home for now - 11/08/2007 3:37 PM

Well, I don't know where to begin, some of you know what's been happening with me. OK, on Oct 3 I was diagnosed with Acute Myeloid Leukemia. I have been in Roswell Park Cancer Institute now for 36 days. I have gone through the first phase of chemotherapy. All test results point to a favorable outcome and I have responded well to the treatment so far. I still have along way to go. I am home now for 3 weeks of rest before I start phase 2 of treatment.

It's good to be home with the family. I will be back on the board as much as I can when possible. I deeply appreciate all the thoughts and prayers that have been sent my way to me and my family. It is encouraging to know so many care.
Posted By: bisleyfan44

Re: I'm OK and home for now - 11/08/2007 7:47 PM

Thanks for the update on how you're doing.....been following along on SP. I'm glad to hear you're home and feeling better. You're gonna beat this for sure and I'm humbled by the positive attitude you and your family express. You're still in my family's prayers. Glad you're back!!
Posted By: Bigjohn

Re: I'm OK and home for now - 11/08/2007 7:52 PM

Glad to see you're home and doing well. I admire your positive attitude thru this whole ordeal it goes a long ways torwards feeling better.....we all wish yo uthe best and keep us posted
Posted By: TCTex.

Re: I'm OK and home for now - 11/08/2007 9:12 PM

I can do nothing but eco what has already been said. Good to hear that you’re doing well.

Duane
Posted By: HoggHunter

Re: I'm OK and home for now - 11/09/2007 2:55 AM

It is so nice to hear from you, hard to deal with what we heard about you... there are rough days and there are worse ones, but they get better when you can share them. We have certainly missed not hearing from you. So how's your activity level... just thinkin' about it or are you actually doin' something about it? I saw a 150 class Buck yesterday standin alongside of 390 north of 5& 20... just beggin for it... a week from saturday it starts... are you gonna be able to be out?

Re: I'm OK and home for now - 11/09/2007 2:59 AM

oops, got so caught up in gettin' mushy, I forgot to ask..Have you, or anyone else readin' this heard of "one ragged hole" sights? just bought a set for my Supeer Black Hawk, work has been so busy, I haven't had the time to play with them

Re: I'm OK and home for now - 11/09/2007 3:09 AM

gotta repeat it it's so good to hear from you I needed something positive... did you peek out the window Tuesday mornin? Mother was cruisin up the 400 headed toward Buffalo, she called to report the whiteness of the road, then called again(hands free of course) to let me know that the sanders were out, and while she was talkin' she said "Oh [censored]" and I heard the car slide down the guide rail on my cell phone.... the insurance adjuster called to say the tab was about $4600... won't be no new firearms this chrismas in this household... is your daughter takin you out opening day?
Posted By: mig rod

Re: I'm OK and home for now - 11/09/2007 3:13 AM

May you have a speedy recovery.
Posted By: wapitirod

Re: I'm OK and home for now - 11/09/2007 4:59 AM

Get well soon buddy, I wondered why I hadn't heard from you in a while. Stay strong and kick the crap out that cancer. Talk to you soon.
Rod
Posted By: wapitirod

Re: I'm OK and home for now - 11/09/2007 5:13 AM

By the way tig, if I score on a Roosevelt I'll air mail you some back strap, nothing like elk meat to get you going.
Posted By: Tigger

Re: I'm OK and home for now - 11/09/2007 2:51 PM

Quote:
is your daughter takin you out opening day?

Unfortantly I can't go hunting. I have about 1/4 the immune system of a normal person. The chemo-therapy wipes out the cancer but it wipes out alot of other good systems too. So I have to be really careful not to get an infection(fungal, bacteria, virus). There are alot of fungus and mold spores out side, so when I'm out I have to wear a mask. I also have to be careful not to get cut, as it would be a site for infection to enter the body. I sure would love to go out and hunt but I'm going to play it safe this yaer.

I have a good friend that took my daughter out last weekend bow hunting. They saw a lot of deer and close to dark got a huge doe. Katie was video taping it. That was her first deer hunt that was succesful. She called me in the hospital all beside herself with pride and joy.

Sorry to hear about the car, bummer. My wife came to Buffalo on Wednesday to get me. The roads were claer and for the most part dry but light flurries were in the air. The Rushford , Arcade area had about 2 solid inches in the fields.
Posted By: pab1

Re: I'm OK and home for now - 11/09/2007 4:07 PM

Its good to hear your doing so well! Our thoughts and prayers will be with you.

Re: I'm OK and home for now - 11/10/2007 3:48 PM

sux so bad..., but we put up with today so we can look back tomorrow and say "tweren't so bad" if there's anything we can do let me know I own a spoilt rotten bunch and they know it, if we can help with anything let me know.
Posted By: Vance in AK.

Re: I'm OK and home for now - 11/10/2007 4:17 PM

Hey Tigg!!!!
I haven't been around much & had missed this buddy.
I'm glad things sound good so far & you know I'll be praying for you.
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums