Handgunhunt

Can't find info on the encore muzzleloader pistol

Posted By: mig rod

Can't find info on the encore muzzleloader pistol - 11/16/2007 2:08 AM

This pistol doesn't appear in the TC site. Do they still make these muzzle loading pistols or do they have to be special ordered??'
Posted By: pab1

Re: Can't find info on the encore muzzleloader pistol - 11/16/2007 7:02 AM

They are listed on this page.

http://www.tcarms.com/customShop/chart_encore_pistol.php
Posted By: TCTex.

Re: Can't find info on the encore muzzleloader pistol - 11/16/2007 12:48 PM

I have a friend that is a TC dealer. If they still make it, He can get it. He also might be able to find one used if TC doesn’t offer one. Let me know if you want his info. He makes a lot of gun shows.

Duane

Re: Can't find info on the encore muzzleloader pis - 11/16/2007 12:52 PM

O.K I see,I guess they do have to be special ordered, but atleast they still make them. Thanks pab1

TC Man, I just saw in the site pab1 showed me, it shows this muzzleloader available at the custom shop. It seems they dont produce them anymore unless you special order them. Thanks for your help. I will be special ordering one for christmas. It will be my gift to me.He He
Posted By: TCTex.

Re: Can't find info on the encore muzzleloader pis - 11/16/2007 1:02 PM

Cool. If I didn’t have my 54 flint, I would get a TC

Duane
Posted By: keyman

Re: Can't find info on the encore muzzleloader pis - 11/17/2007 6:25 AM

Talked to Fox Ridge Outfitters today about this very thing, and the short answer is YES, you can get one from them. As for length, blue or S/S, give 'em a call.
If you want performance data I'm only familiar with a load I worked up for a magazine article a few years back. Use 2 50gr. equivalent Pyrodex pellets, CCI 209 shotgun primer, .44 magnum Oregon Trails hard cast 300gr. flat nose bullet, (which is actually .429"), and a T/C sabot sleeve. Through a .50 caliber 14" Contender MZ barrel, I got an honest 1360 FPS over my chronograph at a local range. The equivalent of a .454 Casull Field Load. Hope this helps.

D'Keyman, Non Sibi Sed Patriae, (Not Self But Country)

Re: Can't find info on the encore muzzleloader pis - 11/17/2007 1:45 PM

Very good info, thanks keyman. That performance sounds great, can't wait. 1360 fps with 300 grain bullet, too exciting. This pistol sounds like it should drop plenty of game of all sizes. Awesome!!
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums