Handgunhunt

Well I just got laid off.

Posted By: Gary

Well I just got laid off. - 05/01/2008 8:34 PM

Man this sucks...
Posted By: KRal

Re: Well I just got laid off. - 05/01/2008 10:59 PM

Sorry to here that, Gary. But, there may be something better in the future, just don't let it bring you down...kral
Posted By: TCTex.

Re: Well I just got laid off. - 05/01/2008 11:15 PM

I am sorry to hear that Gary. The Lord has told us that he will not give us more than we can handle. I just wish he wouldn’t trust us so much. Keep praying and something will work out!
Posted By: Vance in AK.

Re: Well I just got laid off. - 05/02/2008 12:06 AM

Sorry Gary....
I'll be praying something really good comes along.
Posted By: WNY_Whitetailer

Re: Well I just got laid off. - 05/02/2008 12:33 AM

Sorry to hear that Gary...
Posted By: larry223

Re: Well I just got laid off. - 05/02/2008 2:29 AM

sorry gary i have been there it does SUCK
larry
Posted By: TChunter99

Re: Well I just got laid off. - 05/02/2008 4:01 AM

That does SUCK!! Sorry to hear it!Hope things turn around for you soon!I have also caught the smelly end of the lay off stick!
Posted By: rupe

Re: Well I just got laid off. - 05/02/2008 4:08 AM

I'm sorry to hear that Gary, Mrs. Rupe and I will hold you up in Prayer.
Posted By: Crew Dawg

Re: Well I just got laid off. - 05/02/2008 5:30 AM

Been there done that. Thats one reasone i went in the military. I was a concrete finnisher and i worked in a Volvo plant as a painter. I had good friends that helped when i needed it.
Posted By: wapitirod

Re: Well I just got laid off. - 05/02/2008 7:10 AM

Sorry to hear about the rough luck Gary, is it a deal where you will be called back or is it a permanent cut back?
Posted By: Revolver

Re: Well I just got laid off. - 05/02/2008 11:21 AM

Im sorry to hear Gary, but, you never know maybe this will bring you something better or give you a chance to pursue a dream.

Re: Well I just got laid off. - 05/02/2008 11:38 AM

Originally Posted By: wapitirod
Sorry to hear about the rough luck Gary, is it a deal where you will be called back or is it a permanent cut back?

I basically got reorganized out of a job so I would doubt that will change for at least 4-6 months because that seems to be the re-org time frame. This is the 5th time in 20 months that they reorganized.
Posted By: Walkingthemup

Re: Well I just got laid off. - 05/02/2008 11:46 AM

At the moment it'll seem like a real bastard of a thing, but have a bit of faith that your skills a talents are worth something. Sooner or later something even better than the current job will come up. Generally we miss those chances because we're rusted into the current job. A mate of mine once thought his world ended because be got laid off as an industrial chemist at a paint company. Now he's the production manager designing and making small arms propellants \:\) .
Posted By: keb

Re: Well I just got laid off. - 05/02/2008 3:42 PM

Sorry to hear of that misfortune. Been through that a couple of times over the yrs, its no fun, but does tend to stir up the opportunities...keep the faith and don't hesitate to ask your friends for help when needed.
Regards, kb
Posted By: KYODE

Re: Well I just got laid off. - 05/02/2008 6:16 PM

if just temporary....you can draw unemployment n have a nice vacation.....eh?
Posted By: Rick

Re: Well I just got laid off. - 05/02/2008 9:16 PM

Sorry to hear about this Gary. Hopefully it is just a temporary thing. Hopefully the future holds something better for you in the professional world.
Rick

Re: Well I just got laid off. - 05/02/2008 9:28 PM

I don't think unemployment will cover it but it will help a little. I don't know why things like this never happen during deer season.
Posted By: SCOTTx88

Re: Well I just got laid off. - 05/02/2008 9:56 PM

Sorry to hear about the Lay-off. Comes with the territory in my Business (construction). Suck up some Unenjoyment and pop some groundhogs. I 2nd the thing about never happening during Deer Season.Wanna go burn some Powder?
Posted By: TCTex.

Re: Well I just got laid off. - 05/02/2008 11:31 PM

Originally Posted By: Gary
I don't know why things like this never happen during deer season.

Sounds like it is hog hunting time!!
Posted By: SS 308

Re: Well I just got laid off. - 05/03/2008 2:05 AM

Been thru that when the mortgage company I worked for got bought out and laid everyone off (after they promised they wouldn't). So definately know what you're going thru.

Hang in there, it will get better.
Posted By: sscoyote

Re: Well I just got laid off. - 05/03/2008 4:26 AM

Tuff news sir--maybe it's time to start writing in the interim.
Posted By: JD HHI 6092

Re: Well I just got laid off. - 05/03/2008 8:36 PM

Sorry to hear about it Gary. Hope things turn around quick..
Posted By: mikefrompa

Re: Well I just got laid off. - 05/03/2008 8:48 PM

I know that reslly sucks . Keep your chin up.
Posted By: H2OBUG

Re: Well I just got laid off. - 05/05/2008 2:28 AM

Been there done that got 2 t-shirts. Based on my history with layoffs i always wound up better off. (The new job was always better and so was the pay). I would expect the same will happen for you. We have about 75 openings here in the big easy. Try the Textron web page
Good luck god bless
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums