Handgunhunt

let me hear it

Posted By: cottonstalk

let me hear it - 09/09/2008 6:25 PM

Okay guys while on my trip I acquired a Redhawk 7 1/2 bbl ss in 44 mag.It shoots well.I also let go my Taurus as a personal choice.However I am not yet a RUGER CONVERT but this Redhawk is putting up a good case.And since the beginning I said I would keep you informed so the let the told you so's begin.HAHA
Posted By: bisleyfan44

Re: let me hear it - 09/09/2008 6:35 PM

No "told you so" here, but I think you got a great revolver there and IMO you definately "traded up". Good luck and have fun.
Posted By: dertiedawg

Re: let me hear it - 09/09/2008 9:22 PM

Originally Posted By: cottonstalk
Okay guys while on my trip I acquired a Redhawk 7 1/2 bbl ss in 44 mag.It shoots well.I also let go my Taurus as a personal choice.However I am not yet a RUGER CONVERT but this Redhawk is putting up a good case.And since the beginning I said I would keep you informed so the let the told you so's begin.HAHA

Here is an "I told you so" for ya. It's a great gun, not the best out there but a hell of a lot of fun and you can shoot any 44 mag load through it. Congrats and enjoy.
DDawg
Posted By: pab1

Re: let me hear it - 09/09/2008 9:59 PM

You will like the Redhawk. I have always shot SA revolvers, but I picked up a 4" Redhawk a while back and have been very impressed by it. Its very accurate with 320 gr Cast Performance bullets over W296. Enjoy your new toy!
Posted By: larry223

Re: let me hear it - 09/10/2008 12:32 AM

i have the same gun and i love it and i know you will get good
use out of it.296 or 2400 work pretty good.
larry
Posted By: Tigger

Re: let me hear it - 09/10/2008 1:19 AM

No "I told you so" here either. You definatly traded up from the "other gun". Congrats!!

I have a 44 Redhawk and a 44 Super Redhawk. Both are great shooters. It will not take long for that Ruger to win you over.
Posted By: rupe

Re: let me hear it - 09/11/2008 3:05 AM

X2 you will love it!
Posted By: Revolver

Re: let me hear it - 09/11/2008 5:54 AM

Good deal, I have 2 rugers and love them both, theyre good shooters and I think I got alot of gun for what I paid for each.
Posted By: Tigger

Re: let me hear it - 09/11/2008 9:51 PM

Hey cottonstalk just to tease you along, the Redhawk is a great gun but it might get lonely. I think you need to get a Super Redhawk to keep it company.

Now that's a PAIR!! LOL<LOL

Re: let me hear it - 09/12/2008 12:43 AM

That's just cruel!HAHA
Posted By: Montanan

Re: let me hear it - 09/12/2008 10:02 AM

Those sure are P U R D E E E E
Posted By: TCTex.

Re: let me hear it - 09/13/2008 12:18 AM

I don't have a RH... Yet... but I do have these!

Re: let me hear it - 09/13/2008 12:21 AM

TC I think you left something out
Posted By: TCTex.

Re: let me hear it - 09/13/2008 12:23 AM

I was still working on posting the picture!

Re: let me hear it - 09/13/2008 12:32 AM

Originally Posted By: TCMan
I was still working on posting the picture!

AHAAAA!! Sweet... Very sweet pair!!
DDawg

Re: let me hear it - 09/13/2008 4:15 AM

Nice TCMan you guys sure know how to make a guy druel!Well went to fire a few off today and something crazy happened.I shot with a shooting stick,free handed and one handed.Decent shooting just trying to get the feel of this Ruger.Then I loaded my last 6 rounds and sit on the ground with my knees pulled up and let my forearms rest on my inner thighs by my knees,the position I will likely shoot from when hunting,and squeezed off a few.THE FIRST FOUR ROUNDS WERE 1 1/4" GROUP.....@ APPROXIMATELY 40YARDS.WITH IRON SIGHTS!I WAS STUNNED.I can tell you guys this,it want take many more outings like that and I will declare myself a RUGER CONVERT!The other 2 rounds were still inside my 6"target but I am sure they were my fault.

Re: let me hear it - 09/13/2008 6:42 AM

Ruger wheelguns are very nice guns at very nice prices!! Love mine. The only other handgun I have is a glock 26. But that will change in time. You guys keep gettin my wantin goin!!
Posted By: jamesfromjersey

Re: let me hear it - 09/14/2008 12:32 AM

Like Tigg I also have a Redhawk and SRH in 44. The Redhawk is an early model in blue with a mirror smooth bore that shoots cast bullets particuarly well.Once before going to Africa I ordered some of Garrett`s 330gr Hammerhead ammo and was greated with 3"
groups at 100yds on the scoped Redhawk. Another time I let a friend borrow my 9" Super Redhawk and pulled a reload from one of the manuals using a 240gr Sierra over 296.That group hovered around 3" at 100yds. The Rugers are fine handguns.....
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums