Handgunhunt

Help with red dot scopes

Posted By: URG

Help with red dot scopes - 09/25/2008 10:11 AM

I am having problems finding a red dot scope to put on my IZH-35M. I love the gun and it shoots great, however the iron sights are very blocky and makes the accuracy not dependable. So, I have decided to put a red dot scope on it , but I cannot figure out what to get. I do not want a 1x scope because that does not help at 100 yards it needs to have some magnification. I use the pistol to hunt squirrel and other small game. So far all I can find is a 2x magnification, does anyone have any expierence with the 2x red dot scopes, and if so how are they at 100yards?
Posted By: rupe

Re: Help with red dot scopes - 09/25/2008 5:59 PM

Sorry can't help you but welcome to the site.
Posted By: dertiedawg

Re: Help with red dot scopes - 09/25/2008 8:48 PM

I can't help you either but someone will have some advice for you. Just wanted to say WELCOME!
Vin
Posted By: medic404

Re: Help with red dot scopes - 09/25/2008 8:54 PM

WEll if you wantto spend the money Burris makes a 2x7 electrodot that gives you the best of both worlds i love mine it works great can adjust brightness or turn off and just use heavy plex recticle. hope this helps.
Posted By: DeerDad

Re: Help with red dot scopes - 09/25/2008 10:46 PM

If you are looking at a scope that has a dot that you can turn off and use plain crosshairs that is great. Best of both worlds. I would advise against the red dot only though. I loved my red dot at the range and in open woods. The first time I had a deer stand about 30 yards away from me with low light and some brush between us I could not find the deer in the scope. My attention was focused on the dot with the dot on its lowest setting. It happened one more time and I sold it to someone that wanted it. I even explained the problem I had but he still wanted and likes it because he hunts small food plots.

Good luck. Quick funny story. My brother told me one morning if I could kill a squirrel with that (22lr 10" bull barrel w/2x scope)he would eat his hat. My dad warned him that he had shot my gun and saw me shoot it. I killed two that morning and a hat does not taste like chicken it was more like CROW!
Posted By: s4s4u

Re: Help with red dot scopes - 09/26/2008 2:32 AM

Originally Posted By: DeerDad
Good luck. Quick funny story. My brother told me one morning if I could kill a squirrel with that (22lr 10" bull barrel w/2x scope)he would eat his hat. My dad warned him that he had shot my gun and saw me shoot it. I killed two that morning and a hat does not taste like chicken it was more like CROW!

Ha! Another non-believer put in his place. Way to go ;-)
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums