Handgunhunt

First ever Freedom Arms!!

Posted By: bisleyfan44

First ever Freedom Arms!! - 09/29/2008 11:19 PM

After many years of "wanting", I finally have my very own Freedom Arms revolver. It is a 6" Premier Grade 44 magnum. I haven't gotten to the range yet as it rained all weekend, but I may have a chance this Wed to try it out. This one is in my favorite caliber and bbl length, so I'm absolutely tickled.

I've read and heard it before, but until you actually hold one and see the incredible fit, finish, feel, and the absolute precision, you can't describe it in words. If this actually shoots half as good as it looks and feels...........

Sorry for the lack of pics, but as some of you are aware, I'm a little behind the times with my photographic equipment. I just had to share this, though. The Rugers may be gathering dust for awhile.
Posted By: pab1

Re: First ever Freedom Arms!! - 09/30/2008 12:17 AM

Originally Posted By: bisleyfan44
I've read and heard it before, but until you actually hold one and see the incredible fit, finish, feel, and the absolute precision, you can't describe it in words.

Yep! Other guns just won't measure up now. Since I got mine, all the other guns I look at seem sloppy in comparison. Congrats on the new gun!
Posted By: 500WE

Re: First ever Freedom Arms!! - 09/30/2008 1:36 AM

Congratulations. A 6" PG .44 Mag. is PERFECT !
Posted By: dertiedawg

Re: First ever Freedom Arms!! - 09/30/2008 2:41 AM

Congratulations on your new FA 44.
Vin
Posted By: BINGO

Re: First ever Freedom Arms!! - 09/30/2008 3:00 AM

I was the same way except I was skeptical about the expenditure. Then I got it & can't see being w/out it. In fact I want 2. Scoped & unscoped would be good! Enjoy!!!
Posted By: Ernie

Re: First ever Freedom Arms!! - 09/30/2008 3:08 AM

Just can't beat a FA revolver IMO
Congrats!
Posted By: Tigger

Re: First ever Freedom Arms!! - 09/30/2008 3:34 AM

CONGRATS!!!

Someday a FA will come to TIGGER!! LOL<LOL
Posted By: El Che

Re: First ever Freedom Arms!! - 09/30/2008 8:42 AM

By the way 500WE, excuse me, but 'PG' means what?
I's long time I ask myself, talking about Freedom Arms, what PG and FG mean.
Posted By: Revolver

Re: First ever Freedom Arms!! - 09/30/2008 10:19 AM

Congrats!

Hopefully you wont become like the rest of us and forget about all your other guns... I know mine are gathering dust!
Posted By: 500WE

Re: First ever Freedom Arms!! - 09/30/2008 10:36 AM

El Che,
Ciao!
PG= Premier Grade
FG= Field Grade
Posted By: briarhopper

Re: First ever Freedom Arms!! - 09/30/2008 1:21 PM

Congratulations! I've looked at them longingly for quite a while, they are dininately cream of the crop. Maybe if I buy my wife enough chocolate...?
Posted By: bisleyfan44

Re: First ever Freedom Arms!! - 10/06/2008 1:09 AM

Thanks guys. I haven't had the time I thought I would for a good range session, but found about an hour Sat (counting travel to and from the range) so I went. Grabbed a box of Fed Am Eagle 240s, the gun, a shoot-n-c target, and a screwdriver for the sight and drove to the range. Only had about 20 min there, but didn't need much more.

First cylinder of 4 rounds at 25 yds went into a 1.5" group, 2" left of bull and 1" high. Second group after sight adjustment was slightly over an inch and 1" right (over-adjusted the rear). Re-adjusted the rear and yet another 4 shot group slightly over an inch, 1" high directly over the bull.

I left the range due to time constraints, but I'll try 50 next session. This gun can flat out SHOOT! All groups were shot resting my wrists on a rest similar to the way I'll be hunting in blinds and from treestands. Come on deer season.
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums