Handgunhunt

How to tote a G2 Contender Handgun properly?

Posted By: WNY_Whitetailer

How to tote a G2 Contender Handgun properly? - 11/10/2008 6:21 PM

I went to my local gun shop and asked for a swivel kit for my G2 Contender...Made it home and attempted to install said kit. Well, they must have given me a kit for a standard Contender and not the G2. The swivel stud that is supposed to be installed in the grip frame is too long. Does anyone know if there is a kit that can be used on a G2? Would a kit for an Encore handgun work? I have been unable to find any on the internet that are G2 specific.
Posted By: Dan B.

Re: How to tote a G2 Contender Handgun properly? - 11/10/2008 8:09 PM

I use a Bandito style holster when traversing questonable ground...other than that...the Contenders are in my hand or cradled in my arm.
Posted By: KYODE

Re: How to tote a G2 Contender Handgun properly? - 11/10/2008 10:21 PM

i used 2 on each of my G2's. i just cut some length off the bolt. i may have used a spacer...i forget.
just do some careful calculating....n cut it off.

i like packing with the sling. plus it does double duty....worth it's weight in gold as a shooting aid for more steadiness.

if i were to use a holster....no question....i would have "quiethide" custom make me one.
Posted By: wapitirod

Re: How to tote a G2 Contender Handgun properly? - 11/10/2008 10:45 PM

I did the same as Kyode and shortened the stud.
Posted By: Gary

Re: How to tote a G2 Contender Handgun properly? - 11/10/2008 11:40 PM

The uncle mikes versions used to come with spacers to address the problem. They were basically thick washers.
Posted By: TCTex.

Re: How to tote a G2 Contender Handgun properly? - 11/11/2008 12:32 AM

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii81/Duane_ddh/Pictures001b.jpg?t=1226363337
Posted By: hunlee

Re: How to tote a G2 Contender Handgun properly? - 11/11/2008 1:25 AM

Hunlee use sling swivel on grip and forwood!!!!!This make for easy carry!!!!!Hunlee buy custom forwood an use this on 375 Windchester contender!!!!

hunlee
Posted By: DeerDad

Re: How to tote a G2 Contender Handgun properly? - 11/11/2008 11:37 PM

I just bought a swivel system online from Grov Tec. I do not remember if I bought it from Midshouth or Natchez shooters. It worked fine on my old style gun but had to cut the stud through grip 1/4". It does stick out longer than I would like but it works. WARNING never but hand under the grip when bench shooting with swivel stud installed it hurts. I know it seems obvious but I did it one afternoon at the range. I learned fast not to do it twice.
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums