Handgunhunt

Best Holster for Scoped SRH

Posted By: SRH Hntr

Best Holster for Scoped SRH - 12/10/2008 2:15 AM

New to handgun hunting and looking for a good hunting holster for my Super Redhawk. It has a scope on it. Looking for some suggestions. I'm leaning towards the Bianchi 4101 Ranger Hush system. I like the idea of being able to use the holster with a belt if I want.
Wondering what everyone else uses/likes.
Thanks in advance for the suggestions.
Posted By: Tigger

Re: Best Holster for Scoped SRH - 12/10/2008 2:44 AM

First of all welcome to HHM SRH Hntr!!

I have the Bianchi holster that can be worn on the belt, but my scoped SRH would have my pants on the floor in 10 steps. I wear the Bianchi as a bandoiler holster. I tucks up out of the way under your coat in bad weather, makes it so you can sit easily, and keeps the weight on your shoulders not on your back. My other holster for the unscoped SRH is a Pistol Packaging Bandito rig. Very comfortable and versitle.
Posted By: james66

Re: Best Holster for Scoped SRH - 12/10/2008 1:10 PM

HI AND WELCOME TO THE SITE,
THIS FALL I HAD A HOLSTER MADE FOR ME BY QUIETHIDE HOLSTERS. IT WAS THE BEST FITTING RIG I'VE EVER OWNED, AND I SINCE ORDERED 2 MORE .VERY REASONABLE PRICE AND PRETTY FAST TURN AROUND.
QH-HOLSTERS.COM
JAMES
Posted By: s4s4u

Re: Best Holster for Scoped SRH - 12/10/2008 2:07 PM

I use a lot of leather from these guys:
http://www.pistolpackaging.com/
If you don't see it on their sight just ask, they will make it.
Posted By: KRal

Re: Best Holster for Scoped SRH - 12/10/2008 2:47 PM

Yes, the pistolpackaging rig is very comfortable carring heavy scoped handguns...can't go wrong...KRal
Posted By: Rick

Re: Best Holster for Scoped SRH - 12/11/2008 12:21 AM

Welcome to HHM. I use a sling for carrying my scoped handguns so recommending a particular brand is difficult. I can say to stay away from Uncle Mikes. My experience with them was always bad. I use natural ground blinds and when I would stand to leave an area I was always finding the strap that attachs to the belt undone. This allowed the holster to slide and flop around.
Rick
Posted By: handcannons

Re: Best Holster for Scoped SRH - 12/11/2008 1:38 AM

Since your SRH has basically easy on and off rings I would go with the Pistol Packaging Scoped Unscoped model and their Bandellero belt. If you decide to take the scope of you can wear this holster on a regular belt
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums