Handgunhunt

Cancelled Contender Order

Posted By: kynardsj

Cancelled Contender Order - 07/15/2009 5:39 PM

Back on 2/2/09 I ordered and put a deposit on a 20 inch 357 mag barrel for my Contender from E. Arthur Brown Co. I was told it would take 12 weeks to get my order. I checked with them at 12 weeks and about every two weeks since then getting the same answer that it should be shipped within the next one or two weeks. The last email I sent them was two weeks ago and I gave them until today to get their ducks in a row. A conversation I had with them this morning had the blame put on the custom shop at Thompson Center. I cancelled my order and will be getting my deposit back. Sad that a once great firearms company has come to this.
Posted By: s4s4u

Re: Cancelled Contender Order - 07/15/2009 6:27 PM

EABCo has long been just a middleman for the T/C Custom Shop when it comes to Contender and Encore barrels. You would do better to go through Fox Ridge Outfitters directly since that's where Brown goes. Usually cheaper at FRO as well, although may not be any faster.

It very well may have been the fault of T/C, but they (Brown) should have been up front with you from the get go. Too bad. You might wanna give MGM a call, there you get full custom for not all that much more than T/C's.
Posted By: H2OBUG

Re: Cancelled Contender Order - 07/15/2009 6:33 PM

I think you would be better off with the MGM anyway. The ones I have the quality is much better than the factory tubes.
Posted By: BIGSTEVE83

Re: Cancelled Contender Order - 07/15/2009 8:25 PM

I had the same problem with Bullberry. Good luck.
Posted By: TCTex.

Re: Cancelled Contender Order - 07/15/2009 10:20 PM

Sorry about your problems…

I would give MGM a call!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Cancelled Contender Order - 07/15/2009 11:59 PM

Kinda sorta been thinking. I have two scoped 10 inch barrels now, a 22 LR and a 357 Mag that I'm going to have rechambered to the 357 Max. If I picked up a 45/410 barrel I'd have something for everything in my part of the world. Ed's Contenders in Oklahoma has decent prices on new and used barrels. Gonna think on it for a day or so and maybe give him a call.
Posted By: buck

Re: Cancelled Contender Order - 07/16/2009 11:26 PM

Go with the MGM, These people are great to work with and fast
Posted By: kunas

Re: Cancelled Contender Order - 07/17/2009 3:02 AM

i ordered several of Ebons accuarcy rifle barrels a few years ago and i received the first 1 at 21 weeks and the other 3 was at 27 weeks, the accuarcy barrels have a 12-16 week lead time, I think they just get really busy, ive had mgm tubes and they do indeed make superb quality stuff Ron

Re: Cancelled Contender Order - 07/17/2009 10:56 AM

I'm gonna go out on a limb and show my ignorance here. What company is MGM? I tried putting several variations of it in a search engine but so far no luck.
Posted By: s4s4u

Re: Cancelled Contender Order - 07/17/2009 12:21 PM

Match Grade Machine, formerly Virgin Valley Custom Guns.

http://www.matchgrademachine.com/

Re: Cancelled Contender Order - 07/17/2009 12:28 PM

Thanks, I'll check them out.
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums