Handgunhunt

SBH -vs- Super Blackhawk Bisley Hunter?

Posted By: leasongs

SBH -vs- Super Blackhawk Bisley Hunter? - 01/02/2010 7:02 PM

What's the difference between the Ruger Super Blackhawk Hunter and the Super Blackhawk Bisley Hunter?
Posted By: rlb

Re: SBH -vs- Super Blackhawk Bisley Hunter? - 01/02/2010 7:27 PM

Grip frame, hammer and personal preference.

Re: SBH -vs- Super Blackhawk Bisley Hunter? - 01/02/2010 7:57 PM

I looked on the Ruger website. it lists them both in .44 mag and that's it. do they make them in 45 long colt?
Posted By: rlb

Re: SBH -vs- Super Blackhawk Bisley Hunter? - 01/02/2010 8:00 PM

They did at one time and they might do it again. I would look at the auctions and I'm sure if you want a 45 you can find one on there.
Posted By: Tigger

Re: SBH -vs- Super Blackhawk Bisley Hunter? - 01/02/2010 9:03 PM

I think you can see the differency in the hammer and grip frame from the Hunter and the Bisley Hunter. The picture came out small.
Posted By: KRal

Re: SBH -vs- Super Blackhawk Bisley Hunter? - 01/02/2010 9:56 PM

Leasongs, check GunBroker, there was a Hunter in 45LC on there. I don't remember if it was a Bisley or not.
Posted By: Snyd

Re: SBH -vs- Super Blackhawk Bisley Hunter? - 01/03/2010 3:44 AM

There has been a 45 Colt SBH Bisley Hunter on Gunbroker off and on for a few weeks. $750 starting bid. The 45 Colt SBH Hunters were a special run done for Lipseys in 04-05. Ruger made 603 in the standard grip frame and 279 Bisleys. I just happened to run across one locally here a few weeks ago while shopping for a 5.5 Bisley Accusport and bought it quick. I've have posted about it in a couple other threads here.

http://www.handgunhunt.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/61551/page/2#Post61551

http://www.handgunhunt.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/61912/page/2#Post61912

I read at rugerforums.org that they made a few afterwards with some leftover parts but cannot verify it. Either way, the 45 SBH Colt Hunters are rare so if you want one and find one snatch it up. Mines a keeper.

Re: SBH -vs- Super Blackhawk Bisley Hunter? - 01/05/2010 3:56 PM

Thank you everyone!
Posted By: Dan B.

Re: SBH -vs- Super Blackhawk Bisley Hunter? - 01/05/2010 4:25 PM

Originally Posted By: Snyd
Mines a keeper.

Mine is also!! It's the standard grip...but I got it for $400 OTD. Nice little gain in value over a couple years.
Posted By: Bisley Bud

Re: SBH -vs- Super Blackhawk Bisley Hunter? - 01/05/2010 11:14 PM

I have a friend that has a 45 LC Bisley Hunter w/3200 Elite on it that he is wanting to move.He said he doesn't like the Bisley grip..
Posted By: zac0419

Re: SBH -vs- Super Blackhawk Bisley Hunter? - 01/26/2010 5:37 PM

What does your friend want for that 45 Bisley Hunter? I have a friend who is looking for one. 7.5" Stainless right?
Posted By: s4s4u

Re: SBH -vs- Super Blackhawk Bisley Hunter? - 01/27/2010 12:47 AM

Quote:
he doesn't like the Bisley grip

Too each, their own. How much do he want?
Posted By: BINGO

Re: SBH -vs- Super Blackhawk Bisley Hunter? - 01/27/2010 2:08 AM

Check your PM's. Under "MY STUFF" on bar above.
Posted By: guitarpicva

Re: SBH -vs- Super Blackhawk Bisley Hunter? - 01/28/2010 4:02 PM

Originally Posted By: Tigger

I think you can see the differency in the hammer and grip frame from the Hunter and the Bisley Hunter. The picture came out small.

So is there any consensus on the usability of the std. SRH grip vs. the Bisely grip, such as aiming, recoil handling, time to back on target, etc.?

The grip angle is obviously different.
Posted By: s4s4u

Re: SBH -vs- Super Blackhawk Bisley Hunter? - 01/29/2010 1:06 AM

Originally Posted By: guitarpicva
 Originally Posted By: Tigger

So is there any consensus on the usability of the std. SRH grip vs. the Bisely grip, such as aiming, recoil handling, time to back on target, etc.?

The grip angle is obviously different.

Consensus from most polls that I have seen on the subject run 60% Bisley to 40% BKH as far as preference. It is a personal thing, I cannot stand the traditional gripframe. The Bisley fits like it was made for my hand. I load my 45LC Bisley to near factory 454 performance and recoil has never been an issue. The trigger and hammer are big improvements over the BKH models as well.
Posted By: Tigger

Re: SBH -vs- Super Blackhawk Bisley Hunter? - 01/29/2010 1:23 PM

Mostly a personal thing. I don't like the Blackhawk grip, maybe I'm holding it wrong?? I do like the Bisley grip. It fits my hand better and seems to make the recoil easier on me.

If you can find a shop that has both, handle and grip both for a compairson.
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums