Handgunhunt

Countries that allow handgun hunting

Posted By: dogfox1

Countries that allow handgun hunting - 03/19/2010 9:10 PM

Hi,

A long while ago I saw a list of countries that allow handgun hunting, Cannot find it now.

Does anyone have a copy of that list or know of other countries that allow handgun hunting other than the good old USA and RSA.

I know the list getting shorter all the time. Thought Spain was another one.

Dogfox1
Posted By: Mark Hampton

Re: Countries that allow handgun hunting - 03/20/2010 1:31 AM

Dogfox1, Is there a particular country you are interested in? The politics in some countries can change rather quickly. Let me know if I can help. Mark Hampton
Posted By: dogfox1

Re: Countries that allow handgun hunting - 03/20/2010 5:42 PM

Hi Mark,

Many thanks for the reply, I was looking at countries that were perhaps in the EU like Spain, France,Germany, Poland, western/eatern Europe etc.

Regards

Dofox1
Posted By: Mark Hampton

Re: Countries that allow handgun hunting - 03/20/2010 5:56 PM

dogfox1, Spain you're good with a long barrel, 12 inches or more I believe. Switzerland requires a 20 inch barrel. Most European countries are no go with handguns. It would be good to check with a reputable outfitter if any special permits/permission is possible. Sometimes stating you have a "hand-held 308 Winchester" will work, although not in all cases. Best of luck--Mark Hampton
Posted By: 500WE

Re: Countries that allow handgun hunting - 03/20/2010 9:27 PM

I've hunted with handguns in Spain (12" barrel Min.) and Hungary.Handguns were a no-go in France and Slovenia when I hunted there. Mark gives the best advice, and has more international handgunnung experience than anyone. Let your outfitter do the work on permits to help earn your business.
Posted By: Walkingthemup

Re: Countries that allow handgun hunting - 03/21/2010 7:59 AM

Always thought this subject would be a good Forum category in its own right. I know I've learned a lot through the general discussions on this site. A lot of very helpful well informed members with direct experience. Even found out about some opportunities in my own country that the local authorities weren't making public.

A table of countries and associated outfitters/guides etc would be a great starting point. Advice above about contacting an experienced outfitter is valuable given how things can change at short notice.
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums