Handgunhunt

New boomer...

Posted By: GlennS

New boomer... - 06/30/2010 9:07 PM

New arrival. 5.5" banded 475 L from John Linebaugh. Built amazingly well. Got a Bowen rear that will go on it first and then it just needs some new stocks
\:\)
Nothing fancy but I sure love these big conversions. Sorry for the crap picture, couldn't for the life of me get a decent one today, don't know what's going on....

Posted By: Whitworth

Re: New boomer... - 06/30/2010 9:22 PM

Excellent!! That is a beautiful revolver! Congratulations! Have you shot it yet??!!

Re: New boomer... - 06/30/2010 9:45 PM

Nope, just took delivery today and to be honest, I don't get to get out and blast with them like I would like to. Planning to finish the new reloading bench/cabinets by this weekend so that should help things along. Dustin should be done with my 500 that he was doing a few things to and restocking any day now so I'll be happy to get them all together at some point for a family photo
Hopefully will have a chance to shoot them in a couple of weeks though. I'll even take out the Harton 475 just to blow the dust out of the barrel. Got a hog hunt coming up in August so I have to figure out which one will go with me
Posted By: SChunter

Re: New boomer... - 06/30/2010 9:50 PM

May be nothin' fancy, but I sure do like it! What kinda shoes you gonna put on her?
Posted By: Tigger

Re: New boomer... - 06/30/2010 10:23 PM

That's a keeper Glenn!!!!
Posted By: s4s4u

Re: New boomer... - 06/30/2010 11:26 PM

Sweeet!
Posted By: jamesfromjersey

Re: New boomer... - 06/30/2010 11:26 PM

Glenn, Absolutly perfect..............
Posted By: RUG1

Re: New boomer... - 06/30/2010 11:46 PM

Three thumbs up.
Posted By: TCTex.

Re: New boomer... - 06/30/2010 11:55 PM

And three toes as well!!

Re: New boomer... - 07/01/2010 12:57 AM

Originally Posted By: SChunter
May be nothin' fancy, but I sure do like it! What kinda shoes you gonna put on her?

Thanks guys, I think it will be a good one. I haven't made up my mind yet on the shoes. Dustin is putting ivory micarta on the 500, I'll probably have him do something different on this one. He has a way of coming up with some pretty stunning pieces of wood so I'll probably let him decide and surprise me. I imagine I will be happy with the outcome.
Posted By: 500WE

Re: New boomer... - 07/01/2010 1:04 AM

Looks good, Zeus. Shoot those things!
Ken

Re: New boomer... - 07/01/2010 1:45 AM

Come shoot it with me Ken. You know there is bound to be something around here that you want to shoot at too! Headed to Dodge City in August, wanna go???
Posted By: KRal

Re: New boomer... - 07/01/2010 2:04 AM

Very nice! Needs blooded on a hog.
\:D
Posted By: Russell

Re: New boomer... - 07/01/2010 2:40 AM

Real sweet!!
Posted By: Gregg Richter

Re: New boomer... - 07/01/2010 4:57 AM

Nice Glenn, almost a twin to mine 'cept I chose a stainless cylinder.
Posted By: wapitirod

Re: New boomer... - 07/01/2010 7:24 AM

very nice, if you don't mind me asking how much did it set you back?
Posted By: scott ambler

Re: New boomer... - 07/01/2010 9:00 AM

Dodge City?!?
Posted By: johnwilliams

Re: New boomer... - 07/01/2010 11:25 AM

nice behemoth!

Re: New boomer... - 07/01/2010 11:35 AM

Thanks, Glenn. I'd love to join you, but all of August and September are out for me. I'm planning to retire again, and for the 3rd and last time, early in 2011. Planning on a continuous "Party Time" starting then. Might even chase pronghorn again with Gregg.

Re: New boomer... - 07/01/2010 3:09 PM

Congratulations again Ken! We'll definitely get together during your continuous "party time" then. I look forward to that!

Scott, its funny we actually talked about this yesterday cause I had a message that I need to return this morning from Lee Hawes out in DC for the new Hog operation that he will have fired up the second week of August. Its somewhere in the DC area, just don't know exactly where off the top of my head. I'll let you know. Planning to set up a date today for the trip. Should be a good time, its always fun to break away with a few buddies for a couple of days.

Rod, as far as cost, this gun was built in 2001 and belonged to a friend of mine. Cost wasn't all that much as it was won in the Linebaugh seminar raffle but it was his 3rd 475 from John and so it was never fired except for about 10 rounds the first day and we did some swapping last week. Its even marked a little differently on the bottom of the frame where John marks the gun numbers for his records. It has LSS 01 above the gun number which I thought was sort of neat. The current cost of the conversions is one John's website though. I think the blued banded barreled guns are about $2300 on your gun. The wait time is the killer though. I know that John is about a year or two out on wait times depending on what you are having made. This gun is built very tight. Up to this point, the tightest sixgun I ever owned was the 500 WE that Ken now owns. I actually think this one will beat that one. There is NO perceptible movement in the cylinder at rest or full cock. I'm sure after I get 500 rounds down the tube, it will be just about perfect. I like them to have a little give

So Ken, how is that 500 holding up??? You still like it or ready to send it down the road
Yes....I already know the answer
Posted By: scott ambler

Re: New boomer... - 07/01/2010 8:47 PM

Hawes is about 15 miles SE of Dodge. I actually used to live across the section{1mi}from him.

Re: New boomer... - 07/01/2010 10:38 PM

Scott, Looks like we will be in the area on the 9-11th of August unless we have some unforseen conflict popup in the next few days... GS

Re: New boomer... - 07/02/2010 1:21 AM

Glenn,
It's not for sale. I usually BUY guns, not sell 'em.
Try contacting my heirs when that day comes. I'd have to say that revolver is in the top 4 to 6 of my all time favorites, and frankly, that's saying something. As you know, I already had a .500 WE retrofit AE convertible when I got yours. I had still another built early this year, a 4 3/4" with ivory micartas.
When I read comments from someone who's never owned one, damning the cartridge because "it has a belt", I just chuckle....
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums