Handgunhunt

Package arrives from Dustin Linebaugh :-)

Posted By: GlennS

Package arrives from Dustin Linebaugh :-) - 08/14/2010 3:10 PM

After lunch yesterday, at which the server dumped a bottle of BBQ sauce down my back just before I left, I decided to go and try and clean the khaki shirt at my mother in laws house nearby. The UPS man had just left when I got there delivering my 500 back from Dustins from getting some new shoes. While he had it, he went back through the action and updated it with the new style setup that he uses, scalloped the loading gate, polished the gun back out and then re blued the entire piece. To say I'm happy with the outcome would be an understatement. He does EXCELLENT work to say the least. See what you think....Pics aren't the best but all I can muster in a couple minutes
\:\)

Posted By: Whitworth

Re: Package arrives from Dustin Linebaugh :-) - 08/14/2010 4:48 PM

Absolutely beautiful!!
Posted By: Tigger

Re: Package arrives from Dustin Linebaugh :-) - 08/14/2010 4:50 PM

Very fine!!!!!!
Posted By: Ravenman

Re: Package arrives from Dustin Linebaugh :-) - 08/14/2010 5:14 PM

That is a very beautiful piece of art. An eye candy at its best or better a real eye catcher! Congratulations.
Posted By: GlennS

Re: Package arrives from Dustin Linebaugh :-) - 08/14/2010 5:41 PM

Its not a "fancy" gun by any means but its probably one of my favorites in the safe. This gun has a pretty neat background on it as it was originally ordered for an article that appeared in the 1996 Handguns Annual book. I found a copy of it one day for about $6 off ebay so it was a neat addition to add to the gun. Since made, its only had about 500 rounds through it but now it is actually better than new
The look of this gun is what I think of when I think of a Linebaugh gun. Simple and yet elegant to me. I guess that comes from reading too many books and articles from Mr. Taffin. Mr. Taffin's 500 that I drooled over for years in his books is actually only 40 guns from this one in the Linebaugh number system. They were not made too far from each other. The other thing I like about this one is that although it wears the Cody, Wy stamp, it was actually built in Maryville, MO, just north of where I live now in Kansas City. It was one of the first that John built there when he moved back home for a few years in the mid 90s. Sort of neat lineage to this one in my opinion. There is just something about blued steel that I prefer to the stainless ones in the safe but its just a personal thing. They really show more character as they start to get some wear on them. Now, all the "wear" marks will be mine and remind me of something down the road. Gotta start fresh you know
Posted By: the terminator

Re: Package arrives from Dustin Linebaugh :-) - 08/14/2010 7:06 PM

Gawjus!
Posted By: Russell

Re: Package arrives from Dustin Linebaugh :-) - 08/14/2010 7:44 PM

Definately a beaut!!
Posted By: KRal

Re: Package arrives from Dustin Linebaugh :-) - 08/14/2010 10:05 PM

Very nice!
Posted By: jamesfromjersey

Re: Package arrives from Dustin Linebaugh :-) - 08/14/2010 10:53 PM

the scalloped loading gate is a great addition.I`am sure it makes loading an unloading much faster....
Posted By: 500WE

Re: Package arrives from Dustin Linebaugh :-) - 08/15/2010 12:43 AM

Very nice Glenn. Shoot that thing!
Ken
Posted By: wapitirod

Re: Package arrives from Dustin Linebaugh :-) - 08/15/2010 12:47 AM

Very Nice!
Posted By: tradrick

Re: Package arrives from Dustin Linebaugh :-) - 08/15/2010 1:52 AM

The fit of the grips to the frame look very clean. Obviously done by a man that really knows what he's doing. That bluing job is awesome.
Posted By: zac0419

Re: Package arrives from Dustin Linebaugh :-) - 08/15/2010 7:15 AM

Great looking gun, can't wait to see range pics. Love that last pic. Really big holes..
Posted By: 430man

Re: Package arrives from Dustin Linebaugh :-) - 08/15/2010 1:28 PM

FANTASTIC! I can't wait for range reports.
Posted By: johnwilliams

Re: Package arrives from Dustin Linebaugh :-) - 08/15/2010 8:25 PM

Very sweet!!
Posted By: JeremyT

Re: Package arrives from Dustin Linebaugh :-) - 08/16/2010 12:28 PM

Oh that is awesome.
Posted By: wheelguns

Re: Package arrives from Dustin Linebaugh :-) - 08/16/2010 10:29 PM

I have to agree with you Glenn i prefer blued guns as well. Wish FA made a blued gun and i have (to me that is) the perfect gun.
Posted By: magman

Re: Package arrives from Dustin Linebaugh :-) - 08/26/2010 1:22 PM

That is a very nice looking firearm. Linebaugh sure can build a great looking piece.
Posted By: temmi

Re: Package arrives from Dustin Linebaugh :-) - 08/27/2010 5:22 PM

Very Nice
Posted By: aimingpoint

Re: Package arrives from Dustin Linebaugh :-) - 08/28/2010 2:04 AM

I think that's one gorgeous looking wheelgun there. Always nice to have a little history about a piece as well, our grand kids and great grandkids will have a piece of history that they know personally.

Pete
Posted By: ohnomrbillk

Re: Package arrives from Dustin Linebaugh :-) - 08/30/2010 6:56 PM

That is still the best looking blued bisley I have ever seen. Looking forward to drooling on it.
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums