Handgunhunt

Encore and fallow deer

Posted By: Boartuff

Encore and fallow deer - 12/15/2004 5:29 AM

We just returned from our 2nd BTO Group Hunt. This time at the Spendarosa Whitetail Deer Ranch, in Hinton, Okla.

Hogs and exotics is what we were after, and 7 of 8 in our group got their hogs.

I managed to get a fallow deer with my 15" 22-250 T/C Encore! Although I did have my range finder along, there wasn't enough time to check the distance. But I'd estimate it to have been about 100 yds.

I gave it my best to get a hog, too, but didn't have any great opportunities within range of my shortguns. Maybe next time.

Posted By: Hawkeye

Re: Encore and fallow deer - 12/15/2004 1:15 PM

Congratulations. Looks like a nice size doe. I have heard of that place and hunt just south of it some times. Do they have a web site? I would like to get hooked up on some hogs with my .375JDJ.

Mike
Posted By: KYODE

Re: Encore and fallow deer - 12/15/2004 1:21 PM

howdy BT! congrats on the deer. maybe next time on the hog huh.
in "roll call".....i see yer packin some nice encore rounds these days. ya might ought ta tell us about em, and the loads etc. i like hearin that stuff ya know
Posted By: XP_Nut

Re: Encore and fallow deer - 12/15/2004 11:53 PM

WTG...BT nice looking doe! Are you ready yet to get rid of your long guns now..? And start hunting with pistols only....Just given you a bad time

Encoredude...aka..(PJ)
Posted By: Tigger

Re: Encore and fallow deer - 12/16/2004 1:10 AM

SWEET!! Yup time to ditch the long guns for good.
Posted By: VH308

Re: Encore and fallow deer - 12/16/2004 4:21 AM

Nice fallow BT.
Welcome to the forum.
About a dozen of us went on an exotic hunt in Texas a couple of years ago, and you can back me up when I say if you have never been on one it's a blast!
Hopefully you'll take a pig home next time, but I know your hunt was probably still just as enjoyable.
Congrats on the fallow.
Posted By: Boartuff

Re: Encore and fallow deer - 01/03/2005 5:47 AM

Hawkeye, their website can be seen at www.Spendarosa.com . Give me a holler if you line up something, maybe I can get back down there and join you. Be sure to tell Terry hi for me if you call him!

Thanks for the congrats' fellas. The long guns have just about all collected dust, 'cept for a couple!

I see some very familiar faces here, and am not surprised to get a little flack! LOL
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums