Handgunhunt

revolver huntn coyotes.

Posted By: bhill

revolver huntn coyotes. - 12/23/2010 12:23 AM

anyone do some coyote huntn with handguns? i dont see to many people doing it. im starting to get into coyote huntn since deer season is just about over. some pics or any kind of tips or advice would be cool, thanks for the input.
Posted By: RioHondoHank

Re: revolver huntn coyotes. - 12/23/2010 12:45 AM

I haven't done it on purpose as of yet, but have shot a couple that happened along while deer hunting. I am an coyote hunter an have a .22 Hornet BFR that I intend to use for that purpose. I will use it in the woods from a tree stand when I expect to call them in close. Also for bobcats.
Posted By: 500WE

Re: revolver huntn coyotes. - 12/23/2010 1:00 AM

I've done some coyote HUNTIN' with handguns, but haven't done much coyote SHOOTIN' with them.
Posted By: scott ambler

Re: revolver huntn coyotes. - 12/23/2010 6:16 AM

I've taken a few coyotes with handguns as they came along, but only one hunting/calling with a handgun only. It was a very rewarding experience. I think a guy best concentrate his efforts early in the season before every coyote gets a pot shot taken at it by some dude with a rifle.
Posted By: johnwilliams

Re: revolver huntn coyotes. - 12/23/2010 8:19 PM

ditto on what 500WE said.
Posted By: TomG

Re: revolver huntn coyotes. - 12/28/2010 3:17 AM

I too have been a coyote handgun "hunter" rather than a coyote handgun "shooter". The only thing harder is bowhunting then..again with a bow I've been a "hunter" rather than a "shooter". However, I have managed to call then in but not close enough.

On all occasions it was a heck of a lot of fun using using snowshoes and snow camo.
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums