Handgunhunt

44 Encore pistol.............

Posted By: asquires2

44 Encore pistol............. - 08/08/2011 11:07 PM

Does anyone have a 44 Encore pistol and if so whats your take on it?
Posted By: H2OBUG

Re: 44 Encore pistol............. - 08/08/2011 11:55 PM

I had one in an Encore and a Contender--480 & 454 too in the encore

JMHO

I think there are wheel guns that will do close to what you get out of the T/C and you get 5 or 6 shots

weight about the same maybe more on the encore

Found myself shooting the revolvers more.

I have migrated to the rifle rounds for the encore
Posted By: Darrell H

Re: 44 Encore pistol............. - 08/08/2011 11:55 PM

I have a 12" Contender barrel and I love mine.

I would suggest going with the Contender or G2 (unless you already have an Encore frame and no Contender frame) due to the lighter weight. Advantages of the break-action gun include no barrel to cylinder gap which results in some incredible velocities and decreased noise levels. Plus, my single shot guns chambered for straight-walled revolver cartridges are more accurate in my hands than my revolvers. Also, you can cradle the gun in your hands and hold it against a tree like Gary demonstrates in this article for some very steady field shooting:
Field Shooting Positions

Disadvantages include...well...its a single shot instead of a six-shot. Plus you lose the "cool" factor that comes with a revolver harvested animal!
\:D

Best of luck to you!
Posted By: racksmasher

Re: 44 Encore pistol............. - 08/09/2011 1:15 AM

I have a 12" barrel for my Encore and a 14" for my contender, like Darrell said amazing velocity and flat. Both guns are VERY accurate.
Posted By: asquires2

Re: 44 Encore pistol............. - 08/09/2011 1:36 AM

I just got one for my Tender now that gives me 3 barrels for it but I was really thinking about getting one for my Encore in stainless. I also have a RBHH that I truely love!
Posted By: pab1

Re: 44 Encore pistol............. - 08/09/2011 5:49 AM

I have two 10" .44 mag Contender barrels and one 12" .44 mag Encore barrel. The 10" Contenders are about the same size as my 7.5" SBH which makes them a little easier to carry than the Encore. The Encore isn't much bigger though. One Contender is scoped and the other is open sighted. I get better accuracy (and velocity) with both than I do with my .44 mag revolvers. The scoped barrel will shoot 1.5" groups at 100 yards with 270 gr Speer GDSPs. I have had the Encore barrel for quite a while now but still have not shot it. I guess I've been so content with the Contender barrels that it has not been a priority. If its anything like my other big bore Encore barrels then I'll be very happy with it.
Posted By: Insp Callahan

Re: 44 Encore pistol............. - 08/11/2011 4:15 AM

I love mine. It was a project gun and i purchased the frame 2 years ago and just recently decided on the custom shop barrel specs and i landed on the 44Mag, hi luster blue heavy taper barrel.I really like how it turned out.

© 2024 Handgunhunt forums