Handgunhunt

Muzzle break or extention for a .223 Supper Barrel

Posted By: notrab

Muzzle break or extention for a .223 Supper Barrel - 01/29/2012 5:49 PM

Would like to add 2 inches to my .223 Supper TC Contencer barrel. Anyone kow of a place to have it readonably done?
Posted By: s4s4u

Re: Muzzle break or extention for a .223 Supper Barrel - 01/29/2012 6:05 PM

Our own wapitirod can fix you up right ;-)
Posted By: tyler.woodard04

Re: Muzzle break or extention for a .223 Supper Barrel - 01/29/2012 6:34 PM

you will not be getting any more velocity with it with a brake or extension. what are you after?
Posted By: wapitirod

Re: Muzzle break or extention for a .223 Supper Barrel - 01/29/2012 9:11 PM

As tyler said what is it your after. I've done several varmint barrels with the customers wanting to try to maintain target aquisition better. I use two style of brakes both of which will increase the length 2" but one is better on small calibers especially if your shooting prone as there are only side ports to eliminate a dust signature.
Posted By: s4s4u

Re: Muzzle break or extention for a .223 Supper Barrel - 01/29/2012 9:36 PM

Quote:
Would like to add 2 inches to my .223 Supper TC Contencer barrel.

Remember, if you are doing it to increase barrel length for legal reasons, it must be permanently installed.

Re: Muzzle break or extention for a .223 Supper Barrel - 01/29/2012 11:46 PM

Originally Posted By: s4s4u
Remember, if you are doing it to increase barrel length for legal reasons, it must be permanently installed.

We can take care of that
\:\)
Just get the tig out and run a quarter in bead
;\)
just kidding, I'll have to check again and see what the requirements are for permanent. I know pinning is one way but I also believe if I just put silver solder on the threads and solder it that will meet their criteria also.
Posted By: EricS

Re: Muzzle break or extention for a .223 Supper Barrel - 01/30/2012 1:16 AM

I think any way that is considered permanent. If your going to put a rifle stock on it you probablt don't really need a break but some kind of extension.

Re: Muzzle break or extention for a .223 Supper Barrel - 01/30/2012 5:46 AM

Originally Posted By: tyler.woodard04
you will not be getting any more velocity with it with a brake or extension. what are you after?

I want to be able to put a stock on it to make it a carbine. It doee not really need to be a muzzle break just extending the barrel 2 inches to make it 16 inches long.
Thanks

Re: Muzzle break or extention for a .223 Supper Barrel - 01/30/2012 5:48 AM

Originally Posted By: wapitirod
 Originally Posted By: s4s4u

We can take care of that
\:\)
Just get the tig out and run a quarter in bead
;\)
just kidding, I'll have to check again and see what the requirements are for permanent. I know pinning is one way but I also believe if I just put silver solder on the threads and solder it that will meet their criteria also.

Regulations re permenat either by blind pinning or high temp soider. So either would be great.

Re: Muzzle break or extention for a .223 Supper Barrel - 01/30/2012 5:59 AM

all mine are normally semi permanent anyways, I try and cut the threads on the lathe to be as tight as possible and I normally put a couple drops of red loctite on the threads so you won't get it off without some heat and a barrel wrench.

Re: Muzzle break or extention for a .223 Supper Barrel - 01/31/2012 2:27 AM

sent you a PM about pricing for a barrel extention.
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums