Gettin kinda crazy on these...

Posted By: minnesotahunter

Gettin kinda crazy on these... - 07/18/2012 8:24 PM

Gbroker

Think he'll get it?

MN
Posted By: s4s4u

Re: Gettin kinda crazy on these... - 07/18/2012 8:48 PM

Somebody may go there. One just sold on the Ruger board for $850. I had a Bisley Hunter and although the gun was fine, the location of the scope never sat well with me so down the road it went. I like the regular Bisley much better.
Posted By: KRal

Re: Gettin kinda crazy on these... - 07/18/2012 9:27 PM

He may get it, but it won't be from me. I love mine, but I give (if I remember correctly) $425 for mine; new in box. If it does sale for that, I may have to put mine on the market.
;\)
Posted By: 98Redline

Re: Gettin kinda crazy on these... - 07/18/2012 9:31 PM

The price might be close to the asking price for a NIB 45colt Bisley Hunter, although I think it is high for that as well.

I thought the regular 45 Colt Hunter variant was significantly more common.
Posted By: SChunter

Re: Gettin kinda crazy on these... - 07/19/2012 1:23 AM

You're right - This one goes for more, based on limited availability...

45 Bisley SBHH

I believe the one on the Ruger forum was this model...
Posted By: 98Redline

Re: Gettin kinda crazy on these... - 07/19/2012 12:35 PM

I believe that only something like 236 of the 45colt Bisley hunters were made in the original run.
Posted By: BBwheelgunner

Re: Gettin kinda crazy on these... - 07/19/2012 8:25 PM

HOLY CRAP! ... dang I should have left my Bisley hunter in the box then!

I guess that is no fun though!

I found out that they were kinda rare, but I didn't know that rare!
Posted By: wapitirod

Re: Gettin kinda crazy on these... - 07/20/2012 12:18 AM

I screwed up about 2yrs ago, I could have bought one for 450.00 if I remember correctly. I know it was under 500.00, anyways it was at a small out of the way grocery/gun store and I passed on it because I was looking for regular blackhawks for donor guns. I wasn't even thinking about them being rare and their value going up. The only thing that came to mind was the last Hunter I had owned was the worst Ruger I'd ever shot, it was a 44 and it was such a pos I sold it for what I paid for it a week later. I could have sent it back to Ruger but I was too disgusted with a brand new gun shooting that crappy.
Posted By: Grendel

Re: Gettin kinda crazy on these... - 07/20/2012 10:56 AM

Wow, how does that happen? Mine is a gem, and shoots tight!
Posted By: rlb

Re: Gettin kinda crazy on these... - 07/20/2012 11:34 AM

It happens that you got the luck of the draw.
Posted By: wapitirod

Re: Gettin kinda crazy on these... - 07/20/2012 12:50 PM

yep it was just a lemon and it will happen with anything mass produced, you'll get ones on both ends of the spectrum.
Posted By: rbecker

Re: Gettin kinda crazy on these... - 07/24/2012 3:39 AM

I counted around 9 SBH Hunters on Gunsamerica.com just now including a consecutive number pair in 41 magnum all priced about 700 bucks or less.
Posted By: s4s4u

Re: Gettin kinda crazy on these... - 07/24/2012 3:43 AM

Originally Posted By: rbecker
I counted around 9 SBH Hunters on Gunsamerica.com just now including a consecutive number pair in 41 magnum all priced about 700 bucks or less.

How many 45's?
Posted By: minnesotahunter

Re: Gettin kinda crazy on these... - 07/24/2012 4:48 AM

Originally Posted By: s4s4u
 Originally Posted By: rbecker

Hotw many 45's?

Exactly. Like s4s4u points out--the 45s are the rare spendy ones.
Posted By: sc1911cwp

Re: Gettin kinda crazy on these... - 07/24/2012 1:07 PM

I just had the opportunity to buy a NIB SBHH in 45 Colt but passed. The seller told me the cylinder face had two sets of serial numbers with one set crossed out. I contacted Ruger to see what they said about it. Customer service said they don't do that. Then she asked her Supervisor and the answer changed to "yes they do". The numbers are for the cylinder to follow the gun through fitting. The seller said he only saw that on convertibles. So I asked myself, was this a cleanup gun made by the factory from unused parts, which does happen. Did the original buyer screw up and pass this later observation on to another buyer hoping they would not notice? Did someone loose the original cylinder and found another one to correct the problem with no fitting? I decided to pass as I didn't want questions like that asked of me if I later sold it and I wound't feel safe without better answers. I have to say this though, if you buy a NIB gun don't you expect new parts and not reused ones or such? If Ruger did this it is my opinion poor practice. Last, the reason this came up was only because I asked the buyer about any return policy. He did not offer the cylinder info until after that. I kind of felt he was hiding something after that. Especially since this gun had been sold to him just a few weeks before.
Posted By: silly goose

Re: Gettin kinda crazy on these... - 07/24/2012 1:56 PM

A Pm sent to sc1911cwp, sorry but a little torqued up:

You sir, are a poor judge of charachter. To insinuate that I was hiding something, when I outright told you about everything with this gun. I live my life a certain way, under the golden rule, and I do believe in Karma. Perhaps you should have told me you thought I was hiding something, rather than another board, where I go by the same name on all. I in fact was not the one who stated "I'll take it" 3 separate times, and then renegged on my word. If I was hiding something, why would I then post it outright to bring to the attention of any future buyers. I have bought and sold on several different boards with no problems on either end. Me thinks you should think before you speak.

Re: Gettin kinda crazy on these... - 07/24/2012 7:58 PM

I love fiction.

Re: Gettin kinda crazy on these... - 07/24/2012 9:13 PM

Thats all you got, huh? Even after an edit.

Re: Gettin kinda crazy on these... - 07/24/2012 9:29 PM

Last PM sent to sw1911cwp:

I don't understand. You try to make yourself appear to be something your not, at my expense, and in the meantime, you show your colors. Now your going to lie, like I don't have the original post and your pm's that went with it. I've never had a bad deal through the internet, and I am only grateful that I avoided this one. See, the thing about the truth is, its always there, staring you right in the face. It's not always pretty or what you want to hear, but it is what it is, and its always right there. I'd be embarrassed also.

Members of this board and the OP. I am sorry if this is not the place, it will be my last post in reference to this matter. I live my life carefully and at nobody else's expense.

Re: Gettin kinda crazy on these... - 07/24/2012 9:34 PM

Please close this thread before Silly Goose has a stroke.
Posted By: Dan B.

Re: Gettin kinda crazy on these... - 07/25/2012 1:06 AM

Calm down fellas............
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums