Handgunhunt

Interrupted archery session = coyote kill for me

Posted By: Chance Weldon

Interrupted archery session = coyote kill for me - 08/21/2014 10:34 PM

Tuesday afternoon, I got my PSE Stinger bow out for the first time since I had the string replaced about two years ago. What I thought was going to be a quiet evening of shooting my bow in the backyard quickly changed as my dad pointed out a coyote roaming the horse pasture behind the house. It disappeared before I could get my 270 out, but my dad told me to wait by the fence while he rode the 4-wheeler in a neighboring field to flush it out. The coyote reappeared, and I took aim with the rifle. Knowing it was a long shot, I aimed over its head and pulled the trigger. I discovered I'd made a perfect shot despite it being 245 yards away. I may not have sighted in the bow that afternoon, but that's one less coyote to worry about.

Posted By: csherrill

Re: Interrupted archery session = coyote kill for me - 08/21/2014 11:07 PM

I dislike coyotes. Good job.
Posted By: longhunter

Re: Interrupted archery session = coyote kill for me - 08/21/2014 11:47 PM

nice shot!
Posted By: Okie Hunter

Re: Interrupted archery session = coyote kill for me - 08/22/2014 3:08 AM

Congrats. I've read that for every 1 you kill you save an average of 4 fawns a year.

Re: Interrupted archery session = coyote kill for me - 08/22/2014 5:14 AM

Thing is, we have plenty of deer around here for them to go after. What gets me is that instead of targeting the plentiful deer and rabbits, they'll go after our pets and farm animals. Of course, doing so puts them within rifle range.
Posted By: Gregg Richter

Re: Interrupted archery session = coyote kill for me - 08/22/2014 6:14 PM

Awesome, good job.
Posted By: Okie Hunter

Re: Interrupted archery session = coyote kill for me - 08/22/2014 6:18 PM

Don't be mistaken they are still killing deer, it's just much easier to take your pets. Which is easier for you, hunting, dragging, cleaning, and cooking a deer or drive to KFC and pick up some chicken?
Posted By: Gregg Richter

Re: Interrupted archery session = coyote kill for me - 08/22/2014 6:28 PM

Originally Posted By: Okie Hunter
Don't be mistaken they are still killing deer, it's just much easier to take your pets. Which is easier for you, hunting, dragging, cleaning, and cooking a deer or drive to KFC and pick up some chicken?

Good one!

\:D
Posted By: junebug

Re: Interrupted archery session = coyote kill for me - 08/23/2014 3:07 AM

Those slower well fed farm pets are easier to catch and you keep them in a nice fenced in area so they can't geet away.
Fenced in farm pets [EASY] Free running deer [HARD] which would you choose? Dinners On!
\:\)
\:\)
Good Job!

Re: Interrupted archery session = coyote kill for me - 08/25/2014 1:03 AM

The funny thing is all of the KFCs within a half hour drive have all closed down in my area. Now, Subways on the other hand. . .
Posted By: flingwinger

Re: Interrupted archery session = coyote kill for me - 08/25/2014 8:16 PM

Awesome, the less of them the better.
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums