Handgunhunt

Super Blackhawk question

Posted By: JW Gross

Super Blackhawk question - 08/04/2015 6:03 AM

The rear sight pin keeps trying to come out while I'm shooting.
What is the best way to keep it in? Thanks
Posted By: bluecow

Re: Super Blackhawk question - 08/04/2015 11:14 AM

good question. shooting about a year ago and found that the pin on my sbh was gone. at home found a small finishing nail the fit just fine and bent it over as it came out the other side. works like a charm
Posted By: Coogs

Re: Super Blackhawk question - 08/04/2015 11:36 AM

A little dab of blue locktite. It doesn't seize up as tight as the red. Coogs
Posted By: shorter11

Re: Super Blackhawk question - 08/04/2015 12:46 PM

I've had that problem as well. I pushed the pin about half way out with a small punch and then put a slight bend in the pin to make it tight when I pushed it back in.
Posted By: s4s4u

Re: Super Blackhawk question - 08/04/2015 1:36 PM

Originally Posted By: shorter11
I pushed the pin about half way out with a small punch and then put a slight bend in the pin to make it tight when I pushed it back in.

This ^^^
Posted By: junebug

Re: Super Blackhawk question - 08/05/2015 2:13 AM

at home found a small finishing nail the fit just fine and bent it over as it came out the other side. works like a charm

As an old carpenter I like this fix,nothing like an half inch of nail sticking out and clinched down for holding power.But the slight bend in the pin with some blue Locktite is probably more aestheticly pleasing.
Posted By: billa

Re: Super Blackhawk question - 08/05/2015 2:16 AM

I removed my pin and flattened the end a bit with a few hammer taps. Tapped it back in. Its been there for 30 years without moving.
Posted By: GlennS

Re: Super Blackhawk question - 08/05/2015 12:36 PM

A slight bend as mentioned is a great way to fix this problem. Doesn't take much and you can't tell visually anything was done. Just keeps tension on pin to keep it from working out.
Posted By: Whitworth

Re: Super Blackhawk question - 08/05/2015 1:12 PM

Originally Posted By: s4s4u
 Originally Posted By: shorter11
I pushed the pin about half way out with a small punch and then put a slight bend in the pin to make it tight when I pushed it back in.

This ^^^

Yep!
Posted By: JW Gross

Re: Super Blackhawk question - 08/06/2015 6:50 PM

Thanks guys
Posted By: bluecow

Re: Super Blackhawk question - 08/10/2015 10:16 AM

junebug of course your right. it dose look kind of odd. in my def. i have to say that i hate paying more in shipping than the price of the part. ill fix it " right" ( maybe make one... ya-sure) one of these days when i get a round to it. then its been this way for two years.
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums