Handgunhunt

My Leupold finally gave up the ghost

Posted By: bobhanson1

My Leupold finally gave up the ghost - 05/29/2016 1:29 AM

I've had a 2x Leupold on my Desert Eagle .50AE for 18 years, and it's endured well over 1,000 rounds (and at least 2 accidental hard drops) with no issues, until hunting season. I noticed the reticle shifted slightly when I was checking zero, and when I got around to messing around with it after hunting season the reticle took on a 45 degree cant. I sent it in to Leupold along with another 2.5-8 EER that I bought used from someone and the magnification ring was locked up on it. I received a brand new replacement for the 2.5-8 within a week and after 2 weeks they sent back my 2x completely rebuilt with the newer adjustments as well as a new rear lens (the old one had several scratches that cleaning wouldn't remove). I definitely give my thanks to Leupold for honoring a warranty on a scope I didn't buy new, and completely rebuilding what was a $200 scope when I bought it nearly 20 years ago!
Posted By: Zee

Re: My Leupold finally gave up the ghost - 05/29/2016 2:14 AM

They are a good company.
Posted By: Ernie

Re: My Leupold finally gave up the ghost - 05/29/2016 2:30 AM

Ditto!
Posted By: Chance Weldon

Re: My Leupold finally gave up the ghost - 05/29/2016 2:41 AM

That's customer service done right.
Posted By: Raptortrapper

Re: My Leupold finally gave up the ghost - 05/29/2016 6:58 PM

Yup! No such thing as a used Leupold scope!! Nothing else touches my guns.
Posted By: KRal

Re: My Leupold finally gave up the ghost - 05/31/2016 5:26 PM

Outstanding service!
Posted By: 500WE

Re: My Leupold finally gave up the ghost - 05/31/2016 5:34 PM

Best in the business. Period.
Posted By: mingokid

Re: My Leupold finally gave up the ghost - 06/03/2016 2:29 AM

Same experience with a couple scopes I have sent in for service. Good service, good company, and good products. What a refreshing business model! MK

Re: My Leupold finally gave up the ghost - 06/03/2016 10:10 PM

Originally Posted By: mingokid
Same experience with a couple scopes I have sent in for service. Good service, good company, and good products. What a refreshing business model! MK

Shame that isn't our government's model!
Posted By: eastex

Re: My Leupold finally gave up the ghost - 06/07/2016 4:34 AM

I had good luck with Leopoldo on a warranty issue but nothing that fast it took 2 months from the time I shipped to the time I received it back but they definitely fixed the issue. I also have had great luck with Burris, I shipped them a scope and had a brand new one in 10 days. Both great companies and very good customer service!

Re: My Leupold finally gave up the ghost - 06/07/2016 12:34 PM

Originally Posted By: eastex
I had good luck with Leopoldo on a warranty issue but nothing that fast it took 2 months from the time I shipped to the time I received it back but they definitely fixed the issue. I also have had great luck with Burris, I shipped them a scope and had a brand new one in 10 days. Both great companies and very good customer service!

WOW! Good for you! Glad Burris took care of you! I swore them off, and that's how I ended up with Leupold. I had a red dot scope from Burris when I got my first 460 several years ago, and the guy (an actual rep) swore up and down that it would handle the recoil of the 460. HA! Broke it in less than 6 shots! Finally was able to get my money back, went with a traditional type leupold scope, and never once had a problem.

Guess every company has their issues from time to time, but when my issue was handled the way it was, I swore I'd never use Burris again. In my eyes, ya don't just buy a product, you buy customer service as well.
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums