Handgunhunt

Pachmayr gripper recoil

Posted By: DeerDad

Pachmayr gripper recoil - 10/09/2018 1:34 AM

I have two pachmayr gripper grips for my contenders. One of them is older than the other by several years. the newer gripper is not as round as the old gripper and does not absorb the recoil as well either. Actually uncomfortable shooting 375 JDJ rounds. It is grip related because I have two barrels and tried it with both grips. Any ideas on how to correct this? Could something be wrong or broken in grip?
Posted By: Bob Roach

Re: Pachmayr gripper recoil - 10/09/2018 3:42 AM

My experience is with the older ones only. I put them on all three of our Contenders way back in the 1990's. I always thought that they worked pretty well. I did have a grip bolt break off shooting my old 375JDJ one day at the range.

Bob R
Posted By: junebug

Re: Pachmayr gripper recoil - 10/09/2018 9:04 AM

Some of the newer grippers seem more square in profile and are not as comfortable as the older ones.I like the Presentation grip profile without the finger groves better.
Posted By: 45MAN

Re: Pachmayr gripper recoil - 10/09/2018 8:08 PM

DEERDAD: I HAD NO IDEA THERE WAS A GRIP THAT MADE SHOOTING A 375 JDJ IN A CONTENDER "COMFORTABLE", LESS "UNCOMFORTABLE" YES BUT "COMFORTABLE"? YOU ARE A MORE TOLERANT PERSON THAT I AM.
Posted By: Chance Weldon

Re: Pachmayr gripper recoil - 10/09/2018 10:42 PM

Originally Posted By: 45MAN
DEERDAD: I HAD NO IDEA THERE WAS A GRIP THAT MADE SHOOTING A 375 JDJ IN A CONTENDER "COMFORTABLE", LESS "UNCOMFORTABLE" YES BUT "COMFORTABLE"? YOU ARE A MORE TOLERANT PERSON THAT I AM.

Posted By: wvhitman

Re: Pachmayr gripper recoil - 10/10/2018 12:46 AM

I have a gripper on all my Contenders (including .375 JDJ) and all my Encores (including .416 Taylor, .338 Mag JDJ, .338-06 JDJ,.376 Steyr).
The only gun that is the slightest uncomfortable is a non ported .338 JDJ Contender. Maybe it's me, but that is the only gun that I'm not fond of shooting.
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums