Handgunhunt

BFR revolver

Posted By: mikefrompa

BFR revolver - 03/24/2009 8:26 PM

I was looking on Gunbroker.com for a MRI BFR revolver in 454. I saw one with a 10 inch bl.new in the box for the buy now price of $850. Any opinions on this handgun or the bl. length of 10 in. compared to 7.5 in. I never shot a revolver with a 10 in. bl. How will it balance with a scope on it?
Posted By: wapitirod

Re: BFR revolver - 03/25/2009 9:48 AM

I can't speak to that cartridge in that gun but I had a BFR in 45-70 and it was a very well built and accurate gun. I had the 7.5" barrel and with a scope on it the gun balanced ok but that version is just a very heavy, large gun, the 454 has the smaller cylinder and frame I believe so it should balance much better. The price is avg for a new one from a store and is reasonable but if you keep looking you can probably knock one to two hundred dollars off that price, especially if you go used.
Posted By: kunas

Re: BFR revolver - 03/25/2009 5:48 PM

i beleive i would stick with the 7.5in barrel, i just bought one on GB in the 475 linebaugh/480 with the short cylinder as well it is a very nice piece that balances very well i would think that the 10.5 wouldnt balance as well, as stated above i would look around and shave 1-2 hundred off of the price, i see some of them for 650.oo buy it now on there Ron
Posted By: mikefrompa

Re: BFR revolver - 03/25/2009 9:01 PM

Thanks guys. I appreciate your input. I saw quite a few chambered in 480 but this cartridge coes not really impress me.
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums