Handgunhunt

Do you participate in competitive shooting?

Posted By: Gary

Do you participate in competitive shooting? - 05/28/2009 3:19 PM

Posted By: Ernie

Re: Do you participate in competitive shooting? - 05/28/2009 3:29 PM

I also compete in LR handgun shoots and in 1,000 yard rifle comps with my SP's
Posted By: s4s4u

Re: Do you participate in competitive shooting? - 05/28/2009 3:47 PM

The only competitive shooting around these parts is Trap, Skeet and S-Clays. That is, other than the informal shooting we do as friends.
Posted By: larry223

Re: Do you participate in competitive shooting? - 05/28/2009 4:17 PM

x2 on that s4s4u that is it here to not anything around here
but trap and skeet, archery.
larry
Posted By: TCTex.

Re: Do you participate in competitive shooting? - 05/28/2009 10:18 PM

Originally Posted By: Ernie

But that is lonely practicing what you preach my friend. I don’t think you would shoot game that far if you didn’t.
Posted By: Tigger

Re: Do you participate in competitive shooting? - 05/29/2009 2:49 AM

I compete in a formal league amoung friends. It runs thru the winter and early spring. It's not linked with any large organization or club.
Posted By: Dan B.

Re: Do you participate in competitive shooting? - 05/29/2009 3:21 AM

I've shot quite a bit of 100/200yd benchrest w/ SPs. This was on the IBS style target. Even taken some money from BR rifle shooters using an XP-100....this does NOT make them happy. Next time out they made me shoot in a different class!

Re: Do you participate in competitive shooting? - 05/29/2009 6:22 AM

Originally Posted By: TCMan
 Originally Posted By: Ernie

But that is lonely practicing what you preach my friend. I don’t think you would shoot game that far if you didn’t.

Not really.
I shoot with friends of mine who use rifles. Plus, several of my church members are getting involved with LR shooting (mostly rifles). So it is not so lonely, with the exception they are not using specialty pistols.
I just enjoy shooting at longer distances whether they are shooting a rifle or just spotting for me.
Posted By: TCTex.

Re: Do you participate in competitive shooting? - 05/29/2009 11:27 AM

I am so sorry… I meant to type only… NOT lonely…

I keep trying to figure out what you were saying and I had to go back and reread what I had typed. That sentence makes a lot more sense now.

Ps, my wife got a good chuckle out of this one… LOL

Re: Do you participate in competitive shooting? - 05/29/2009 12:11 PM

Originally Posted By: TCMan
I am so sorry… I meant to type only… NOT lonely…

I keep trying to figure out what you were saying and I had to go back and reread what I had typed. That sentence makes a lot more sense now.

PS, my wife got a good chuckle out of this one… LOL

That is too Funny!!!
Trust me, I have made some typos myself.
Talk about a typo-A Sunday bulletin! I mis-spelled a word, but since it was also a correctly spelled word, the spell-check feature didn't catch it. Lets just say it was a FOUR-Lettered word. One of the guys caught it while folding the bulletin on Sunday morning, before class & services. They all had to be trashed and re-done, but at least it was caught before everyone else and visitors had an opportunity to read it
Posted By: cottonstalk

Re: Do you participate in competitive shooting? - 06/03/2009 2:55 PM

There are no competitions in my area,except among friends.Wouldn't mind seeing one like a archery shoot I went to one time.Different ranges,game,and all field shooting situations.I bet it would be cool.
Posted By: flipajig

Re: Do you participate in competitive shooting? - 06/06/2009 12:18 AM

Im new to shooting handgun i was able totake a doe last year with a pistol (44mag super blackhawk)from about 20 yds what a thrill. This year I picked up a contender G2 with a 7-30 waters bullberry barrel and i now have 2 super 14 barrels in 44 mag and 22LR Im verry impressed at how accurate they are. I also started shooting IDPA this year and id like to look into some sort of long range pistole shooting with the 7-30 or 44mag. thanks any info would be appreciated.

Re: Do you participate in competitive shooting? - 06/08/2009 7:38 PM

Just finished shooting at Rich Mertz's (MOA Maximum Handguns) 1,000 yard Cold Turkey Shoot this past week.
We shot at 500, 750, and 1,000 yards.
Had a great time-Will post more later
Posted By: dhunter444

Re: Do you participate in competitive shooting? - 06/16/2009 5:26 AM

Ernie I hope Richard is doing well I haven't seen him since before he left Dayton OH he used to shoot at our club and IHMSA matches OH & KY maybe other places back in the 90's. Rick (dhunter444)

Re: Do you participate in competitive shooting? - 06/16/2009 7:58 PM

Richard is doing well and as always, staying very busy.
Posted By: rawhide kid

Re: Do you participate in competitive shooting? - 07/17/2009 1:35 PM

A group of us who had been Arizona Rangers, still get together every other Thursday for shooting then breakfast. Sometimes one or the other will bring a friend. Our numbers very from four up to 11 depending on the weather. Mostly handgun shooting at or under 25yards although one of the members is Peter Caroline the gun writer who sometimes lets us shoot whatever he is testing at the time! Almost took out my shoulder with a Beowolf 50 like that. Keeps things interesting, although some of our older members are more interested in the breakfast after.
Posted By: Is that a cub

Re: Do you participate in competitive shooting? - 07/23/2009 6:25 AM

I shoot USPSA-IPSC in the single stack division. I shoot a custom 70 series 1911. If you guys have never tried it I highly recommend it. Its a Blast!!!!
Posted By: rawhide kid

Re: Do you participate in competitive shooting? - 07/23/2009 5:42 PM

Twenty years ago I did some cowboy shooting(that is where the Rawhidekid is from), it was a lot of fun back then. I understand they have gone heavy into period dress now. I have also done IDPA but now the particapating ranges are eighty miles from here. It was a lot of fun, and you compete in your skill range. I can highly recomend both sports if in your area.
Posted By: huntkng

Re: Do you participate in competitive shooting? - 08/01/2009 3:03 PM

I really like the IHMSA Ultra Matches. We shoot our Big Bore and 1/2 Scale targets at 200, 300, 400 and 475(or is it 500?)yards. 22 RF is shot at Big Bore ranges, 50, 100, 150 and 200 yards.

We only do this once a year and I always look foreward to it.

Bill in OR
Posted By: kwakhead

Re: Do you participate in competitive shooting? - 08/11/2009 11:51 PM

where can i shoot long range{1000m+}.. I came back to louisiana in 95',,, cant find the shooters that were in Okla. and Tx..Is there any place here?
Posted By: pab1

Re: Do you participate in competitive shooting? - 09/12/2009 6:57 PM

I have always wanted to try silhouette shooting, but I'm not aware of any competitions in this area.
Posted By: tinkerer

Re: Do you participate in competitive shooting? - 09/12/2009 8:35 PM

May I suggest posting over at specialty pistols. Thye have a whole section on the topic.

Larry
Tinkerer

Re: Do you participate in competitive shooting? - 09/12/2009 10:41 PM

here is a website that may help:

http://www.nrahq.org/shootingrange/findlocal.asp?State=MO
Posted By: rlb

Re: Do you participate in competitive shooting? - 09/13/2009 12:05 AM

NRA Longrange and Palma.
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums