Handgunhunt

Flint Locks

Posted By: TCTex.

Flint Locks - 08/04/2009 3:38 PM

Thought this might be interesting to some. I have a couple of 14in 54’s that I load almost identical to the one pictured here. Plus, I just like the flint locks as much as some people here like their SA revolvers. LOL

The short gun here is a 16in 50 cal
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmGoIoKltxw&feature=related

A couple of my toys.
Posted By: Tigger

Re: Flint Locks - 08/05/2009 1:33 AM

COOL old school!
Posted By: wapitirod

Re: Flint Locks - 08/05/2009 5:00 AM

wanna have a duel?
\:\)

Re: Flint Locks - 08/05/2009 11:26 AM

It is funny you mention that… my Dad and I have a matching set with the one you see on the left.

PS, with the meds you are on Rod, I don’t think any gentleman could take you up on that… LOL
Posted By: Russell

Re: Flint Locks - 08/05/2009 3:11 PM

Great looking pistols!!
Posted By: mmkt

Re: Flint Locks - 08/05/2009 10:28 PM

Very nice guns ! I'm assuming they are "replicas" ? who made them ? Any hunting stories go with them ?

Re: Flint Locks - 08/06/2009 12:49 AM

They are made by Ken Netting. All you send him is a lock, stock, and barrel. He asks you what type of wood you would like and pours ALL the brass himself. Beleave it or not, he builds the entire piece with hand tools. He also only uses engraving and wood work that he can document from originals.

They are both 54 cal flinters with 14in barrels. The octagon barrel is swamped and the other barrel is octagon to round with double wedding bands. They have taken rabbits, but nothing else… yet. With either one of those pistols I can hit a 6in gong off hand constantly at 75 yards. I was young and had too much money and bought the second one to match the new rifle I was having built at the time. I will never regret that investment.

Posted By: KRal

Re: Flint Locks - 08/06/2009 1:01 AM

Those are some beautiful pieces, TCMan. I bet they're itching to take a whitetail.
Posted By: RUG1

Re: Flint Locks - 08/06/2009 1:30 AM

Those are nice. The end of the barrel almost looks like a octagon on the inside.
Posted By: Tigger

Re: Flint Locks - 08/06/2009 2:35 AM

Some very fine detail. Very NICE!
Posted By: pab1

Re: Flint Locks - 08/07/2009 4:41 AM

Very nice TCMan! Nothing else quite like front-stuffers!
Posted By: rawhide kid

Re: Flint Locks - 08/07/2009 11:12 AM

A fine set that anyone would be proud of. Thanks for sharing them!
Posted By: junebug

Re: Flint Locks - 11/01/2009 4:57 AM

ooh no i see some red stuff in that bottom barrel . Those are too fine pieces of work beautiful wood.constant battle to keep that red patina away. Have to clean mine twice, about a week or so apart,before i feel safe.Love the smell of black powder in the morning.

Re: Flint Locks - 11/01/2009 12:32 PM

LOL! Let em rust! I clean them every time I take them out and shoot them but it has been a while sense I have shot those. All the rust is going to do is "brown" the barrel latter. I also know I am not going to keep the barrel from rusting. I have literally watched my rifle "antique" like you wouldn't believe one morning when I took it out deer hunting. I realized I wasn't going to keep it from doing so. Besides, after a few years of heavy use, they will look like an original
Posted By: junebug

Re: Flint Locks - 11/02/2009 5:13 PM

nothing like white smoke and hot lead going down range!
Posted By: SAS98M

Re: Flint Locks - 11/02/2009 11:32 PM

"tick-click-ppffiitt-kapoom-cough" Love it too.
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums