Handgunhunt

Pentax handgun scopes??

Posted By: Dan B.

Pentax handgun scopes?? - 12/10/2009 11:42 PM

I ran across a Ruger SRH the other day with a very nice scope on it. Just looking in the case I thought the optic was an older Burris 2.5-7X. When I asked to see the gun, the scope turns out to be a Pentax 2.5-7X. It was VERY clear and in very nice shape. It looks just like an older Burris...same lettering, same knurled knobs, size, length, etc. It's matte silver. I asked if he would sell the scope seperate...he agreed and told him I would be back in a few days.

I went back today and offered him $100 and it was mine. It probably helps that I picked up a rifle that my brother was looking at for his daughter. But I thought that was a good deal on the scope.

Anyone else seen or used them?

Posted By: KRal

Re: Pentax handgun scopes?? - 12/10/2009 11:56 PM

I didn't even know Pentax made a handgun scope...Cool.

Re: Pentax handgun scopes?? - 12/11/2009 12:21 AM

I'm not sure that they do anymore. Someone told me this scope is likely a Burris but marked and sold by Pentax.
Posted By: bobhanson1

Re: Pentax handgun scopes?? - 12/11/2009 1:12 AM

Looks like the old (and very good) Simmons Gold Medal pistol scope???

Re: Pentax handgun scopes?? - 12/11/2009 2:54 AM

Originally Posted By: bobhanson1
Looks like the old (and very good) Simmons Gold Medal pistol scope???

Worth $100??
Posted By: KYODE

Re: Pentax handgun scopes?? - 12/11/2009 12:33 PM

doesn't look like a "gold medal" to me at all. i had one of those once. i'd say it was worth $100 though.

got lucky this past summer n picked up a 2x7 burris for $100!
Posted By: ClayFHT

Re: Pentax handgun scopes?? - 12/11/2009 1:37 PM

Unless I’m mistaken the Pentax scopes were assembled by Burris using Pentax optics. It seems that is story I heard or read some time back.
Posted By: larry223

Re: Pentax handgun scopes?? - 12/11/2009 6:29 PM

i think i heard that same story clayFHT and yes good 100.00
spent.
larry
Posted By: jamesfromjersey

Re: Pentax handgun scopes?? - 12/13/2009 3:35 PM

Have an old Pentex variable that has fine optics.The only problem was running out of elevation when shooting the heavy
(400gr) bullets in my FA. Another discontinued handgun scope thats excellent are those made by Redfield....
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums