Handgunhunt

Competitor Pictures

Posted By: Dan B.

Competitor Pictures - 01/25/2010 1:08 AM

Here's a few pics of the Competitor .308W I recently picked up. When waiting for the Comp to arrive I scoured the web for pics and could not find anything good.....so here's a few I snapped.

And here is Ian shooting it at 300yds.....

Posted By: Tigger

Re: Competitor Pictures - 01/25/2010 2:51 PM

The cannon breach is kind of a neat. The action length is around 2" compaired to a bolt action of 5~6". That really shortens the over all length of the gun.
Posted By: bfr4570

Re: Competitor Pictures - 01/25/2010 4:59 PM

I like my Lone Eagle with the breech. Sometimes though when you eject shells they go flying. I like the lenght of it very much. Hey Dan does yours try to twist? Mine did until I put Hollands break on.

Re: Competitor Pictures - 01/25/2010 5:18 PM

No twist...just a straight back and slightly upward recoil. I may have a Ross brake installed since the barrel is already threaded. But I plan on loading either 125-130 or 150gr bullets so recoil is fine and may just stick on the cap.
Posted By: bfr4570

Re: Competitor Pictures - 01/25/2010 8:07 PM

It must of been Eagles brake.

Re: Competitor Pictures - 01/25/2010 9:11 PM

And I think you are shooting a 30-06. Mine is a .308W. The extra powder you are burning may have caused some of the torque.
Posted By: Franchise

Re: Competitor Pictures - 01/25/2010 9:25 PM

My Competitor in 376 Steyr doesn't twist either, nor do any of my other Competitors. In fact the 376 doesn't kick as bad as my 50 AE encore did. Love the pics! Competitors ROCK!
Posted By: hunlee

Re: Competitor Pictures - 01/25/2010 10:45 PM

HUnlee has never see one like this befor!!!!!!!!!!!Kind of neet looking to it

hunlee
Posted By: BINGO

Re: Competitor Pictures - 01/26/2010 10:19 PM

Nice hat!!! A good shot & a proper shooting hat! I'm going to end up w/a Competitor eventually.
Posted By: Critter Gitter

Re: Competitor Pictures - 01/27/2010 3:23 PM

I used to have a SSP-91 (older version of the Lone Eagle) in 444 Marlin, unbraked. It kicked STRAIGHT BACK, with no tendenacy to torque.

Re: Competitor Pictures - 01/27/2010 10:18 PM

Maybee yous can provide mure infourmation about this conpetitor pistol!!!!!!!!!Looks interesting to Hunlee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!many thanks

hunlee
Posted By: Critter Gitter

Re: Competitor Pictures - 01/27/2010 11:25 PM

I have a Competitor in 250 Savage, I like it quite a bit. It looks a lot like the Magnum Research Lone Eagle, but has quite a few different features. I believe their website has a list of the differences. A nice feature is that you can switch barrels, which I understand cost about the same as new Contender barrels. I like the grip shape more than those on lone eagles. I also like the way the action sits back over your hands, it feels very balanced.
The company also provides a lifetime warranty on parts.

Re: Competitor Pictures - 01/28/2010 2:46 PM

Hunlee will go an check they website over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hunlee

Re: Competitor Pictures - 01/29/2010 3:39 AM

I'm telling you guys-EVERYONE NEEDS TO TRY THE COMPETITORS-you will NOT find a stronger single shot for the price.

Re: Competitor Pictures - 01/29/2010 11:19 AM

Originally Posted By: Franchise
I'm telling you guys-EVERYONE NEEDS TO TRY THE COMPETITORS-you will NOT find a stronger single shot for the price.

I know that I am sold.....just wish the forearm was a hair longer. If I get into LR shooting with mine, I may get a smaller bore, larger capacity cartridge barrel for it.

Re: Competitor Pictures - 01/30/2010 1:58 AM

Hunlee went and visit there website and was inpressed!!!!!!!!!!!!Hunlee then makeout EMAIL and send to thems with question about price and time to make new pistol butt no responce!!!!!!!!!!!!!Maybee they have now ent out ofbuisnes??????????????Annaone no about them?????????????????

hunlee
Posted By: s4s4u

Re: Competitor Pictures - 01/30/2010 3:18 PM

They're notorious for being hard to reach. You might be better served to look for used at auction or classifieds.
Posted By: bowmag

Re: Competitor Pictures - 01/30/2010 4:02 PM

Cabelas has one listed on their website. It's a 30-06 in the Michigan store. No idea how good the price is.

Re: Competitor Pictures - 01/30/2010 9:29 PM

They are very easy to get in touch with. You just need to pick up the phone and call them. 603-532-9483 They really DON'T do e-mail.

Re: Competitor Pictures - 01/31/2010 1:24 AM

Originally Posted By: Franchise
They really DON'T do e-mail.

E-mail is a wonderful thing.....but it also makes it super easy for every goober in the world to bug you with questions that are usually already answered on the site.
Posted By: alaskgun

Re: Competitor Pictures - 03/05/2010 10:36 AM

They will also take used barrels as trade towards new. If you pick up a used one, check their website to see what type of grip you have. The trigger mechanism is encased in the stock and early models have a non-adjustable trigger while the newer ones are adjustable. If you have the non-adj they will upgrade it for you free. While your there check out the huge list of available cal.
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums