Handgunhunt

New Plinker and nostalgia to boot

Posted By: Bullelk Hunter

New Plinker and nostalgia to boot - 03/31/2011 11:29 PM

I just picked up my Ruger Black Hawk 4 5/8" in 44 Special. Pulled out some articles by Mr. Keith and reloaded a bunch last Friday. Wen to the range on Sunday and sighted in and shot 150 rounds. Really nice and not abusive at all. I can't wait to waffle a deer with it this year.
Posted By: junebug

Re: New Plinker and nostalgia to boot - 04/01/2011 5:29 AM

I've done several things to deer over the years but I ain't never waffled one .Where do you find directions and how to's?
I got pancaked by a bull ,is that close?
Posted By: s4s4u

Re: New Plinker and nostalgia to boot - 04/02/2011 3:19 AM

That is a nice packin' size, just needs a different handle ;-)

A 240 @ 1,000 will waffle many critters.

Nice get.
Posted By: johnwilliams

Re: New Plinker and nostalgia to boot - 04/02/2011 3:45 PM

what load are you using out of it?

Re: New Plinker and nostalgia to boot - 04/03/2011 2:36 AM

Junebug, sort of scarey comment...
I'll share how to waffle one if its legal for you to describe what did to them!!

Re: New Plinker and nostalgia to boot - 04/03/2011 2:38 AM

I have some mild recoiling Hornady 240 swaged and Unique and some 245 LCSWC and 2400. Not as hot as my mag loads obviously but I am sure they will dump a deer at 5-75yds easily.

Re: New Plinker and nostalgia to boot - 04/03/2011 3:45 AM

Bullelk hunter
What happens in Kentucky stays in Kentucky!!!!!!!!!!!
I went deer hunting tonight ,and got one, about nine O:clock
with my little red dodge ram 50+trailer and 4 wheeler.Coming home
from the farm where I hunt,went up to do some food plot work .A big doe ,at 55 mph really does a number on a small truck. But a
small truck and trailer really does a number on a deer to.Truck and trailer both ran over her, made for an interesting ride.
Posted By: doc with a glock

Re: New Plinker and nostalgia to boot - 04/03/2011 3:51 AM

bug,

the truck sounds like a "small bore, high velocity" outfit. I usually use a "big bore, low velocity" rig ( F350 crew cab w/ 4 place horse trailer ) for my tarmack hunting.

doc

Re: New Plinker and nostalgia to boot - 04/03/2011 5:25 AM

Well sometimes you got to use what you have at hand. Lots better my truck than momma's Blazer! It did buck some when we went over the deer, trailer and all. She was taller than the hood,glad she went under instead of over! It werent much of a shot kinda point blank.
Posted By: johnwilliams

Re: New Plinker and nostalgia to boot - 04/10/2011 3:27 PM

gutted her and ground her meat up at the same time!-L.O.L.
Posted By: Sawfish

Re: New Plinker and nostalgia to boot - 04/10/2011 5:02 PM

Got one last year with my 3/4 ton Suburban 4 x 4. Caught her square on the grill guard so no damage to Old Blue. Made a crunching noise when she went under the wheels. That one was probably pancaked, or a least waffled.
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums