Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Public hunting ground #21464 09/24/2007 5:41 PM
lance Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Can anyone give me some pointers on using public hunting ground? Are there some unwritten rules that I should know before I go wondering through the woods? I don't plan on using the land in november since the start of deer season will draw a lot of hunters on the weekends. I plan to wear my blaze orange while I am out, just don't want to offend anyone if I can avoid it.

Re: Public hunting ground [Re: lance] #21466 09/24/2007 6:03 PM
TCTex. Offline
Shootist
Shootist
I don’t know were you are from, but I would contact the local Game Wardens in the area. They can not only give you advice on were to hunt, but they can tell you the rules, especially cents they are the ones that are going to be enforcing them. There is also usually some sort of biologist/science expert in charge of the land. When I found that that person was very helpful, especially when I told them what I saw when and were.

Duane

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb
Benjamin Franklin
Re: Public hunting ground [Re: TCTex.] #21479 09/25/2007 2:32 AM
wapitirod Offline
Shootist
Shootist
If hunters in your area are like what we have out here, especially during elk season, then all I can say is learn how to duck. I have actually gotten away from blaze orange which I know is controversial but in oregon it is not required and I found when I was wearing orange I had alot of idiots watching me through there rifle scopes. I know of a couple of state police officers here that have the same opinion and they are game officers.

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. John Wayne-The Shootist

Moderated by  Chance Weldon, Gary, Gregg Richter 

Newest Members
Redhawk41, Striker243, Sxviper, RobbieD, IRONMAN
9668 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 129 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod