Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Help mounting a handgun scope? #22895 12/09/2007 3:38 AM
encoreguy Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
With the advise gathered here I now have a Burris 2.5-7X with ballestic plex scope, Warne base, Burris signature Z-rings and a 7-08 prohunter pistol on the way. How do I determine the correct place to locate the scope in the rings. Set at lowest setting and at arms length, at highest power or what???? This is my first long range pistol(or any pistol for that matter). Help!

You learn more by pretending to know nothing than by pretending to know everything.
Re: Help mounting a handgun scope? [Re: encoreguy] #22897 12/09/2007 4:05 AM
TCTex. Offline
Shootist
Shootist
With that set up I don’t think you are going to have any problems. Generally, if I, not I stated I, can see clearly threw the scope on the high setting, the low setting just follows suit. As for the scope position, as long as you can cock the hammer with out any problems, I don’t think you have anything to worry about.

Duane

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb
Benjamin Franklin
Re: Help mounting a handgun scope? [Re: TCTex.] #22914 12/09/2007 4:26 PM
encoreguy Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Thanks TCMan, I can always count on you to help me out!

You learn more by pretending to know nothing than by pretending to know everything.
Re: Help mounting a handgun scope? [Re: encoreguy] #22915 12/09/2007 4:47 PM
s4s4u Offline
Shootist
Shootist
FWIW, I always mount the scope as far forward as the rings allow on anything that kicks fairly good as the recoil wants to move it that way anyway. Although you should avoid using the adjustment turret as a recoil lug, better to set the rear ring against the ocular bell flange. The Z-rings do seem to help with creep from what I have heard but I still practice the same preach. The nice thing about weaver rings is that you can do this and still have good flexibility as to scope position on the barrel. Rod.

Rod, too.

Short cuts often lead to long recoveries.

Moderated by  Chance Weldon, Gary, Gregg Richter 

Newest Members
Redhawk41, Striker243, Sxviper, RobbieD, IRONMAN
9668 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 50 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod