Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Trouble getting magizines in mail #23605 01/07/2008 12:24 AM
scubapro Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hi been trying to get hold of you gary by email and phone. My wife purchased the 3 issues of the magizine transaction id 1620297400 nov 13. I was told it would be here in a few weeks for my birthday. I'm concerned since you haven't returned my phone calls or my wifes emails. Is there a problem with the publication getting printed is there any one else who hasn't got there magizines or there money back.
Thank you
neil austin
cell phone 405-201-2603

Re: Trouble getting magizines in mail [Re: scubapro] #23627 01/07/2008 8:57 PM
Kenster67 Offline
stranger
stranger
Neil, I am in the same boat as my wife purchased all 3 magazines on December 5th (Transaction ID : 1646869909) as a X-mas present and they have yet to arrive. Gary hasn't returned my wife's e-mail or phone calls either. Does anyone else have any info on Gary and why he is not responding???

Ken

Re: Trouble getting magizines in mail [Re: Kenster67] #23630 01/07/2008 10:12 PM
TCTex. Offline
Shootist
Shootist
I knew about the problems before I ordered the magazines. I haven’t even received the first two magazines, which I did order. I figured that I have learned a great more from the users of this form than I could have dreamed! As much as I have saved in powder and bullets, for I handload, I would gladly pay for the magazines again. Not to mention the time and cost of reloading and shooting crossed with the variable of the powder and bullets trying to find a load that shoots, I think that I came out all right. Not to mention the fact that I made quite a few friends that give wonderful advice.

Duane

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb
Benjamin Franklin
Re: Trouble getting magizines in mail [Re: TCTex.] #23631 01/07/2008 10:21 PM
Recoil Offline
addict
addict
A big AMEN to that!

Recoil

Re: Trouble getting magizines in mail [Re: Recoil] #23634 01/07/2008 10:26 PM
TCTex. Offline
Shootist
Shootist
Thanks Recoil.

Duane

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb
Benjamin Franklin
Re: Trouble getting magizines in mail [Re: TCTex.] #23636 01/07/2008 11:28 PM
Dan B. Offline
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Ken...this is the answer I gave Neil in another post. As to the reason why Gary has vanished...no one has a clue. This is VERY odd for a guy that was always wanting input for site improvements and very invloved and in love with this sport.

Neil...I feel obligated to reply since I have the title as a moderator. The magazine is solely "produced" by Gary...the owner of the website. Please, do not think that you are the only one to feel this way. I would also like you to know that myself and the other moderator are only titled as such to help Gary with the "chores" of monitoring severly off topic posts and spam ads...that's it. We know nothing about the production of the magazine, the behind the scene operations or why he has disappeared for the last several months.

This is not an apology for the manner in which the customers of the magazine have been treated...just an explanation of how things are operated.

Dan

Last edited by Dan B.; 01/07/2008 11:29 PM.

Exodus 20:5-11
Matthew 5:18
Revelation 22:14

ISPBS--Expert Level

Please don't use e-mail, contact me w/ PM.
Re: Trouble getting magizines in mail [Re: Dan B.] #23691 01/09/2008 8:38 PM
Kenster67 Offline
stranger
stranger
Sorry Duane, but that is a bunch of crap. The man is offering a product and if he is accepting payment for that product and not delivering then it is theft, plain and simple. I didn't pay for the website, I paid for the magazines. If he wants to have online access to the magazines for the same price, I have no problem with that. To ignore the repeated attempts of his customers to reach him is completely unacceptable. All he needed to do to avoid this hassle was to update the webpage and state he was not accepting orders at this time. Somebody is still running and paying for the website so I'm not going to buy any argument that something "bad" has happened to him and he hasn't been able to take care of business. It's just bad business, nothing more, nothing less.

Ken

Re: Trouble getting magizines in mail [Re: Kenster67] #23697 01/10/2008 1:05 AM
scubapro Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I suggest if you have had enough go to the attourney generals website for your state and file a complaint.This is my first step in obtaining some kind of resoulution to not getting my magizines or money back.I will take further legal steps if necessary. It is shame since there is such a great wealth of information from many other handgunners on this site. If gary isn't going to show up how much longer is the website going to survive ,is he still paying for the site to stay online? Like i said if i was given any kind of explanation like my money went toward website and magizines were not available i would have excepted that. Somebody that runs website knows gary and the specifics on his address or other important variables in tracking him or his family down. If something has happen to gary it would be important to me to give more money to website to keep it going.If nothing more than the website quits adverising selling magizines tommorrow i will step back and be happy.
Neil

Re: Trouble getting magizines in mail [Re: scubapro] #23699 01/10/2008 2:04 AM
TCTex. Offline
Shootist
Shootist
Well, I respect your option and perspective. The nice thing about this country is we have a right to say whatever we want, that is freedom of speech. I remember that every time I put on my uniform. If someone has been involved in this form sense 1/18/04 I can see the different perspective. I actually knew that there was a problem with the magazine before I ordered it. However, I also understand that all some people want simple a word or explanation form Gary. I don’t think you are asking too much. Also realize the lawyer fees verses the cost of the magazine will be quite substantially different. With that in mind, Gary’s biggest concern, in my point of view, should be the lack of people that will be involved in this website. But I have a funny suspicion that the web site would be closed from the lack of funds before that happens. But again, we are all entitled to our own opinions! I have choose to view my contribution in a different way.

Duane

Benjamin Franklin
Re: Trouble getting magizines in mail [Re: scubapro] #23708 01/10/2008 10:54 AM
Dan B. Offline
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
 Originally Posted By: scubapro
Somebody that runs website knows gary and the specifics on his address or other important variables in tracking him or his family down.

Again...the only person that "runs" the website is Gary. Clay and I are just "frequenters" of the website just like the others but have been given "mod" tags to clean up the forums if we see a mess.

The only contact info I have on Gary is his phone number and PO box address...both of which are listed on the website for all to see. I called him the other day and left a voice message on his cell phone. I'll try again this afternoon.

Exodus 20:5-11
Matthew 5:18
Revelation 22:14

ISPBS--Expert Level

Please don't use e-mail, contact me w/ PM.
Re: Trouble getting magizines in mail [Re: Dan B.] #23714 01/10/2008 6:56 PM
SS 308 Offline
enthusiast
enthusiast
I would also like to get this resolved. I have the first two and love them! Whatever the reason I still would rather have the magazine late than never. Just need to be informed is all.

Not as lean, Not as mean, But still a Marine!
Re: Trouble getting magizines in mail [Re: TCTex.] #23724 01/11/2008 2:00 AM
scubapro Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Very well said tc that is what one of things this country is founded on along with bearing arms. I respect your opinions and thought your message got down to the core of the issue.It was sure nice to hear from gary and have the answers to many of our questions.
Neil

Moderated by  Chance Weldon, Gary, Gregg Richter 

Newest Members
Redhawk41, Striker243, Sxviper, RobbieD, IRONMAN
9668 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 50 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod