Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Trigger? #30115 06/15/2008 5:02 AM
popeanyoung Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Do any of you guys know a good place to have an Encore pro hunter trigger job done? I really hate to part with it for weeks so I would like to have it done locally but I dont know anyone...Im in Oklahoma near OKC...I actually heard from someone that a guy around this area does them but I havnt been able to find him. What should I be looking to pay? I dont want to get ripped because Im on a small income (college student). Any suggestions would be great...Also if their is anything I should know (like the "best # of LB's")please fill me in. Thanks in advance.

He who dies with most toys wins
Re: Trigger? [Re: popeanyoung] #30117 06/15/2008 12:09 PM
Tigger Offline
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
I like my hunting triggers around 2.5#

I bought the tools from Mike Bellm and did my own trigger job on my Encore. The tools cost me about $80.00 with a trigger spring kit. Bellm has a nice picture tutorial that you down load to your computer. It took me one hour to do the trigger job and perform all safty checks.

My stock SS frame was 9# when I bought it, I have a Lyman digital trigger pull guage and checked it. When I was done it breaks at 2pounds 3oz with no creep and no over travel.

Here is Bellm's site link take a look, if you are a little bit mechanical minded the trigger job is easy to do. Then you have the stone and hone (tools) so more trigger jobs are only the cost of the spring kit and your time.

Bellm's site

There is also a fellow that does trigger jobs for less money than Bellm and his turn around time is quite fast. Here his info, give him a call and see what he can do.

SHOTS TC's
5470 AZALEA DR.
GRANTS PASS, OR 97526
SHOTS phone: (541) 472-5279

NRA Life Member

** NEVER! Moon a Werewolf!!**
Re: Trigger? [Re: Tigger] #30118 06/15/2008 12:40 PM
KYODE Offline
Shooting Expert
Shooting Expert
i adjust my own triggers, and find no need to pay for anything extra. $80 will go a long way on the next purchase! \:o
i like a 2lb trigger. i would recommend "shots TC's" for a "profesional job", and also MGM(match grade machine).

this lil trick is VERY easy to do yourself.
http://specialtypistols.infopop.cc/Articles/sp4.pdf

Kentucky….no place like home.

Moderated by  Chance Weldon, Gary, Gregg Richter 

Newest Members
Redhawk41, Striker243, Sxviper, RobbieD, IRONMAN
9668 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 62 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod